Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in north Fort Worth, and drive to Burleson Powersports, 30 miles south for purchase and service even though there are two dealerships closer to me. Harold is the owner. Phillip Parker is the Service Manager. John ? is my mechanic. They are *I believe* the only gold certified Yammie dealer in the DFW area.

I keep going back to this dealership because of their patience. I'm not an easy customer. I'm a CPA and not a mechanic. I'm type A for Anal. I ask a lot of questions. I insist on observing my service. They accommodate me in many ways, have never charged freight/prep on my many new bike purchases and usually discount for me appropriately. If I had to pick one reason I go there, it would be Phillip Parker.

Couple days ago John *and I…..:)* did my first service, plus a throttle body sync. John had to look up how to get the tank off since it was his first one. He carefully taped the frame around the tank side bolts and completely removed the tank, which I was good enough to bring in FULL of gas, then the air box. I got to see all this, so now I know how to get to my ECU to send it off. I can also route some wires under the tank without too much anxiety.

Regular service was to be about $160. They only charged me another $60 for the addition of the TB sync, even with all the time spent with disassembly and reassembly. Their labor rate is $89.95. On their vacumeter John said the cylinders were within tolerance (1 point), and in fact dead on, but they were clearly not exactly level, so he tweaked them until no flickering bars--three solid lines across all three cylinders. I appreciated this since I DID notice a difference when driving out of there.

Phillip also read the posts I sent him about the CCT fix, and said they would stand behind my temp fix pending my backordered part.

Oh, and he cleaned and lubed my chain, giving me some pointers along the way with that too.

First service done, I'm further educated, and AGAIN my excellent experience will ensure I go nowhere else….

·
Registered
411 Posts
My bike is due for it's first service. I called the dealer and they said the cost should be around $225.00. Are there any special things I should ask them to check out or ask them about?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's all in the owner's manual. oil change, check screws and bolts, chain, throttle and clutch adjustment, etc. The throttle body sync is called for there, but not sure any dealer does it unless asked since I think 600 miles is early for any bike to require this. I asked my dealer to do the TB sync, and it wasn't far off, but as others have said even the slight adjustment to where the factory SHOULD have left it made a difference. Runs smoother.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Having a dealership that you trust and who does top notch work is invaluable. There are a lot of shady and incompetent shops out there.

·
Registered
260 Posts
...They are *I believe* the only gold certified Yammie dealer in the DFW area…
...I insist on observing my service.
What is a Gold Certified Yamaha Dealer?
There are 4 Yamaha dealers within a 35 mile radius of me. I am pretty sure NONE of them would allow me past the Iron Gate that leads to the service departments of these dealerships. Just can't figure how you get away with that! ;)

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Trying "printing" all of the prior posts in this thread and Bring Them to the Service Manager at your local Stealership -- a few days before the scheduled service. Note his reaction while reading & ask him to share "his" opinion about what he just read. Either he's sympathetic to "your" cause or you rethink paying him to do your service. You only have one FZ.

Reactions: Pseudo-Fed
1 - 7 of 7 Posts