Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the pinout for the 6way headlight coupler?

From what I can tell using a multimeter the wiring is 1) brown/black (low beam) 2) black/blue (DRL?) 3) brown.white/yellow (high beam)

Does anyone know if I'm on the right path? I'm doing this to wire a pigtail so that I can run a JW Speaker 7" adaptive headlight, I don't think it'll fit everyone's taste, but I like it.

Thanks,
Justin

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the pictures from the manual. I've never been great at reading wiring diagrams, so a little help would be appreciated here.

According to that, what color goes with which circuit (low/high/drl)?

Thanks,
Justin

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've since sat down and looked a little closer. If appears that the wires associated with each circuit are as follows: Low beams are brown/white and black, the highs are yellow and blue/black, and the running lights are brown and black.

Anyone that can confirm this?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Those look like some nice units, curious as to which unit you have and how do you plan to mount it?
I don't have one yet, I'm going to confirm functionality of my pig tail with a cheap H4 LED bulb from autozone before I spring for a $800 light. That being said, the plan is to go with a 7" adaptive (black bezel/black trim ring/black bucket) and Motodemic short headlight mount kit, and maybe the motodemic flyscreen to hide the birds nest of wires.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,
I'm currently working on retrofitting a 17+ headlight to my 15 mt09, I've been struggling with working out this wiring too. Did you manage to work this out in the end? Are you referring to the bike side or the headlight side in your colours above? I've only got the lamp side to go from, and the colours I have are brown, yellow/black, brown/white, yellow, blue/black, black.
Sorry to resurrect an old thread!
Lewis

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No worries, I'll post my pictures this evening when I get home to my computer

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok, so I'm looking at the pictures I have drawn and they are a bit abstract because I was drawing it out for my own understanding. However, if you want to PM me your email address I'll send you all the pics I have. That's easier than trying to upload them here.

That being said:

The 17+ Led plug is laid out like this.

1:2:3
4:5:6
(1)Brown/White : (2) Black : (3)Brown
(4) Yellow : (5)Blue/black : (6) Black

(1)Brown/white and (2)Black are the Low beam
(4)Yellow and (5) Blue/Black are the High beam
(3)Brown and (6)Black are the DRLs

Brown/white is positive and Black is negative on the Low beam
Yellow is positive and Blue/Black is negative on the High beam

I'm not sure what the DRL is because I wasn't worried about that at the time. This is all from the bike side of the wiring harness. I tested these out with a H4 bulb. I hope this is a good starting point for you, but please test and verify for yourself that your set up is the same.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts