Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got out today for a ride in very windy SE MN today. Gusty winds once again 35 mph but it was warm for a change so we headed out at about 1pm with no plan in mind. Started off in Stewartville and worked our way east towards the river valley in hopes of getting out of some of the wind. Headed east from Spring Valley on MN HWY 16. 16 is a very popular MC road as it is very twisty and very smooth. Just before the curves really start in we stopped for a quick break. image.jpg

After stretchin out for a bit after fighting the crosswinds we headed back out towards Lanesboro on HWY16. We got to Lanesboro and got to the best part of Hwy16. image.jpg There is hardly a straight stretch on this section and for SE MN farm country its a pretty fun road that is kinda close to home. We got to Rushford and went up to the top of the bluff for another quick stop. image.jpg image.jpg

Continued below..

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
We swung over to the other side of the bluff to chk out the 5th largest tree in MN. Burr oak. image.jpg image.jpg

After that it was time for a quick bite to eat at Stumpys in Rushford. Great burgers and according to my better half the taco salad was good too. image.jpg

We started towards home after lunch and thought about a different route but 16 is just so nice we decided to head back the way we came. We got to Preston and took a pit stop before last leg of the ride. image.jpg

Headed home after that and we put on about 140 miles. Im loving this bike more and more each time i ride it. 2up is also very nice. We are both liking the custom seat we had made. Im close to 600 miles on now so ill be changin oil this week and hopefully weather cooperates so we can get more miles on soon!! There were even bugs on the helmet so that must mean winter is over. Oh wait this is Minnesota! I almost forgot.

Ride safe!!

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Good trip! Looks like some fun roads. Happy to hear the report on the bike.
The entire last week was on the road- we had gone from NY to DC to Lancaster (Amish country), through Philly and back- about 900 miles (so busy having fun riding, no pics of the bike!)- 2 up with topcase and saddlebags. Bike was perfect and challenges anyone who says this cannot be done in comfort (mostly stock- no windscreen, no shock upgrades, no remaps, no custom seat-only a pillion airhawk)- this bike has delivered everything I had hoped for and I can't wait for more long trips.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts