Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Head on with a jeep grand charokee. Crested a hill with an immediate right that I had forgot existed on a very local road i traveled often. Unbelievably.... A rebok dual lined winter jacket. Shoulder seam split but held up amazing. Helmet. bad rash and visor broken but i also threw it when i walked back up the other side and saw the bike exactly where that picture was taken. Some amazon padded nuckle gloves that split at every seam. Blue jeans and some vans. Motorist on scene found my right shoe 60ft from impact in the bushes. Bike ate the jeep and I bounced off the rear wheel. Nearly a full slide minus a tumble or two. Truly horrific.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Head on with a jeep grand charokee. Crested a hill with an immediate right that I had forgot existed on a very local road i traveled often. Unbelievably.... A rebok dual lined winter jacket. Shoulder seam split but held up amazing. Helmet. bad rash and visor broken but i also threw it when i walked back up the other side and saw the bike exactly where that picture was taken. Some amazon padded nuckle gloves that split at every seam. Blue jeans and some vans. Motorist on scene found my right shoe 60ft from impact in the bushes. Bike ate the jeep and I bounced off the rear wheel. Nearly a full slide minus a tumble or two. Truly horrific.
Scars to prove it....

·
Registered
2019 Yamaha MT 10
2,224 Posts
Frame very possibly. I don't know anything about trying to weld cast aluminum. Seems like a bad idea for a streetbike. What do i know? I kadoddled my noodle.
Engine i doubt it. I'll get better pictures as soon as i can.
You really are new.....don't take me seriously. Best wishes.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Thank you for photos and writing about that accident. You'd be surprised how many riders learn from someone posting about their wreck. I used to lie about having motorcycle accidents because I didn't want family, co workers and Dr."s giving me that same old speech.
The more I take apart my low sided FZ the more I find bent, leaking or scraped. For now, I'm good on the parts for my rebuild I just gotta find the time to start.

·
Registered
2019 Yamaha MT 10
2,224 Posts
I bought 4 bikes from 2016 to 2019. I had to promise my GF that I wouldn't sell the current one for 5 years. I've dumped close to 4 K into it so it almost feels like a new bike. I'm actually very satisfied with it still.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·

·
Registered
2 Posts
Do you happen to still have this speedometer??

Bike ran excelent. Around 5500mi. Bad accident broke almost all plastic, swingarm, both wheels, forks totally shot, busted out the bottom of the crankcase and also the swingarm mounting section of the frame. Busted rad. rearsets.

I have most other parts still and bike was 95% factory.
Tank has a couple small dings that are'nt bad but the edges bent in a few spots causing cracking in the paint. holds fuel, could be fixed and painted. The mounting tabs broke off the airbox but have the lid with about 2inches cut off the inlet.
May be slow to respond but let me know what you need.
ECU
odo display
seat
rear subframe
tripple
fuel pump
parts engine (havent removed anything until requested)
fan
puig windscreen and factory headlight(need to check mounting for damage)
driven bars but i wouldnt trust them.
Wiring harness
tail light
There's more but its late. Forgive the sloppy list. ill clean it later.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts