Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bike ran excelent. Around 5500mi. Bad accident broke almost all plastic, swingarm, both wheels, forks totally shot, busted out the bottom of the crankcase and also the swingarm mounting section of the frame. Busted rad. rearsets.

I have most other parts still and bike was 95% factory.
Tank has a couple small dings that are'nt bad but the edges bent in a few spots causing cracking in the paint. holds fuel, could be fixed and painted. The mounting tabs broke off the airbox but have the lid with about 2inches cut off the inlet.
May be slow to respond but let me know what you need.
ECU
odo display
seat
rear subframe
tripple
fuel pump
parts engine (havent removed anything until requested)
fan
puig windscreen and factory headlight(need to check mounting for damage)
driven bars but i wouldnt trust them.
Wiring harness
tail light
There's more but its late. Forgive the sloppy list. ill clean it later.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah.

Per forum rules, list prices and your location, and tell us what kind of bike it was.

And then, good luck selling all those damaged parts.
Not looking to sell damaged or broken items unless someone really wants them. Just breaking the list down in my mind and listing what is not there to avoid additional questions. also the title of my post is 14 fz09. I had assumed you'd have an idea on make and model due to the forum name and title of post. Hadn't made it to pricing as I'm open to offers. Anything else chief?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Located south of pittsburgh.
Bike ran excelent. Around 5500mi. Bad accident broke almost all plastic, swingarm, both wheels, forks totally shot, busted out the bottom of the crankcase and also the swingarm mounting section of the frame. Busted rad. rearsets.
14 fz09
I have most other parts still and bike was 95% factory.
Tank has a couple small dings that are'nt bad but the edges bent in a few spots causing cracking in the paint. holds fuel, could be fixed and painted. The mounting tabs broke off the airbox but have the lid with about 2inches cut off the inlet.
May be slow to respond but let me know what you need.
ECU
odo display
seat
rear subframe
tripple
fuel pump
parts engine (havent removed anything until requested)
fan
puig windscreen and factory headlight(need to check mounting for damage)
driven bars but i wouldnt trust them.
Wiring harness
tail light
There's more but its late. Forgive the sloppy list. ill clean it later.

·
Registered
2016 XSR900 60th Anniv. Edition
3,365 Posts
Well, CHIEF...

Your ad was literally your first post here, ever. Nobody has any idea who you are. You clearly haven’t even glanced at the forum rules, and you obviously don’t realize tha first-gen FZ09’s aren’t the only bike discussed here. I’m just filling you in on the very basics of how to sell parts here. From the sound of it, just about everything on your bike was damaged, and for some reason, you are still in possession of it (no insurance?). You came here to try and sell some parts, and then you’ll never be heard from again. With all that, if someone here still wants to do business with you, it’s up to them. But it would be in your best interest to provide at least modicum of information.

That’s all I’ve got, CHIEF.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, CHIEF...

Your ad was literally your first post here, ever. Nobody has any idea who you are. You clearly haven’t even glanced at the forum rules, and you obviously don’t realize tha first-gen FZ09’s aren’t the only bike discussed here. I’m just filling you in on the very basics of how to sell parts here. From the sound of it, just about everything on your bike was damaged, and for some reason, you are still in possession of it (no insurance?). You came here to try and sell some parts, and then you’ll never be heard from again. With all that, if someone here still wants to do business with you, it’s up to them. But it would be in your best interest to provide at least modicum of information.

That’s all I’ve got, CHIEF.
The fz09 forum seemed like the place to offer undamaged parts from a wrecked fz09. I do apologize about formatting and my ignorance to guidelines however the title of my post included year and make. I get pricing wasn't listed and your confusion that i was trying to sell the broken parts. May I ask why you'd assume anyone buying parts would continue a further relationship? Is that normal for you? I'm obviously not here to discuss the bikes just see if anyone needed the parts. How should i introduce myself to list parts on a forum next time? I would like to come in appropriately as to not offend you.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
An introduction and a little back story goes a long way. There’s been too many examples of people trying to scam the members with junk or stolen shit here, that was Moto’s reference to you potentially selling stolen and/or dangerously compromised crap. No one knows you, take that into consideration before you come here and act like a self entitled dick

·
Registered
2016 xsr 900
1,678 Posts
This forum can be pretty harsh to new folks when things seem like they might be suspicious, there is a high degree of 'look out for each other' that tends to showcase itself when someone new pops up looking to sell stuff (possible scam). If that isn't you then hang around and you'll find its a pretty good group of people. If you are a scammer best you move on now because its only going to get worse.

@nonoonersnow:(
Were you riding the bike at the time of the accident? If so I'm glad your ok as it sounds pretty intense. Are you looking to get another 09 - I hear the new '21 model SP's are pretty sweet.

·
Registered
Batmobile
1,137 Posts
Glad to hear you're doing alright, a few guys have learned the hard way that the street is not a track. If you get the itch to ride again and can convince the significant other, I'd suggest a track day. I improved immensely after just 2 of them and it soothes that itch to do 100+ for extended periods. That being said, I know @Camp49 might still be looking for some of the parts you still have that are good. If you get a chance maybe throw up some pictures of the parts with your screen name and the date, there have been some sketchy sales posts in the past and we get a lot of spam accounts. Some of the guys that sell their bikes still hang around, we can be a little rough, but we're pretty decent folks.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Welcome nonoonersnow, ^^^ what Dave says ^^^, Ha, trying to straighten my swing arm pivot, as well as my radiator. Yep, post up some photos of what you have for sale. Maybe some photos of wrecked FZ and we love after market parts. My rebuild is going s l o w l y😪

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I wanted to see if fz guys wanted the stuff before trying ebay, facebook etc. It was bliss. I see why they have an entire community. I'll work on it when i get back home. Busy week into weekend. The pw50 isn't included or invlolved. Ill go through and get a better inventory/ pictures asap.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I wanted to see if fz guys wanted the stuff before trying ebay, facebook etc. It was bliss. I see why they have an entire community. I'll work on it when i get back home. Busy week into weekend. The pw50 isn't included or invlolved. Ill go through and get a better inventory/ pictures asap.
View attachment 165337

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Welcome nonoonersnow, ^^^ what Dave says ^^^, Ha, trying to straighten my swing arm pivot, as well as my radiator. Yep, post up some photos of what you have for sale. Maybe some photos of wrecked FZ and we love after market parts. My rebuild is going s l o w l y😪
I do apologize but nothing was really aftermarket. Bars, windscreen, sliders. They're toast. Bars appear straight but I wouldn't sell them. You're better buying a new set.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ill send pictures but it makes me want to puke.... I can't explain the love i had for it lol.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Ill send pictures but it makes me want to puke.... I can't explain the love i had for it lol.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts