Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First and foremost I don't have to sale. However it would help with an unforeseen issue that has arisen.
The Good; well it's an FZ-09, custom LED integrated rear signal with flasher control and programming switch, Rizoma (real) bar end mirrors, fenda extenda, and hugger extender, Fabbri Gen-X windscreen. The 600 mile service was performed by local Yamaha dealer. Bike currently has 1060 miles on that will increase a little.

The Bad; 3 weeks ago I had a very low speed drop, don't want to say laid it down as that's not even what happened. Only real/significant damage is to the left engine case cover. New cover and gasket is $80. I've put over 100 miles on the bike since, ZERO issues. Clutch lever has a scuff, mirror mount has scuff, tuning fork emblem has scuff, that's it. Local credit union has lien, clear title. Nothing turned in on damage was so minor. Looking at my gear you can't tell I went down. After it was over rhode to my fire station then home.

Located just outside Lexington Ky, live 20 minutes from Bluegrass airport. Feel free to ask questions. If your serious I'll provide you my phone nip umber and we can talk, even FaceTime so you can see the bike real time. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408566545.292818.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408566556.334312.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408566565.022223.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408566573.979367.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408566582.550000.jpg

Forgot, I made a "custom" undertail from the guts of the OEM Shovel, I also have all stock parts.

Asking $6800

JCIII

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
If the Credit Union has a lien on it .. then it's certainly not a "clear" title.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Clear as in not salvage, or wrecked.
JCIII

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry, not going to part. If it doesn't move in a week or so. I'll keep it.
JCIII

·
Registered
239 Posts
Sorry you have unforeseen issue that has arisen. I live 40 miles from Frankfort and 30 miles from Louisville. I thankfully have an FZ-09. I'd touchup the case. Just use some sandpaper and a can of $9.00 spray paint. Your other scuffs might be touchup as well. It would make you bike more attractive to potential buyers and it's not that much work. If ya don't sell, it would sure make you ride look better. Good luck! I hope all goes well. :color: :cool: :color:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Dr_R. Like I said. I'll give it a few days or a week. I didn't repair or cover, or replace year as didn't want to appear as though I was hiding something. It is as you can see, very minor.
JCIII

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
I'd replace the scuffed up parts and Forgetaboutit......Like it never happened and get back to Lovin' that Bike :cool:

·
Registered
63 Posts
No offense, but I'd be worried about the long list of bikes and the "are my forks bent" thread
Unless you are a forensic expert, and can tell by looking at the pictures it is irresponsible to be negative on someone's thread. I can understand a person, perhaps having a question about them. However as I explained, it was very low speed, and I have ridden them bike since and there are no issues. Not to mention the fact that I have logged nearly 120k miles on two wheels, and have owned 22 bikes in the past 12 years I am pretty sure I could tell. Lastly, if someone were to get serious about buying it they can either 1. come see it, ride and and judge, 2. I would take it the dealer prior to someone coming a long way to get it inspected if that would make them feel better. True enough I could be some dirty underhanded thug, who nearly totaled it out and bought just enough replacement parts to get by, and now sale. However, if it matters or if it doesn't I serve as one of my fire departments chaplains, as well as an elder at my church.
JCIII

Reactions: MoFZio

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'd replace the scuffed up parts and Forgetaboutit......Like it never happened and get back to Lovin' that Bike :cool:
Which is exactly what I may do as it looks like the unforeseen issue may be taking care of it's self.
JCIII

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just an FYI, I just ordered a GB case cover for the left side. A little late I know, but will hide the damage.
JCIII

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.