Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone confirm or deny that the speed limiter limits the power as you approach 132. one day this past winter i decided to see if my model was equipped with the limiter. i got to 120 seemingly quick but after that it just seemed like it took so long to finally reach 132. its was probably mid 50s the engine was broke in the engine was running about 165-170 after the pass it was a windy day and i probably could have tucked in a bit better. so does the ecu limit the power as you approach 132 or was it all those things that factored in. this has just been bugging me ever since. havent attempted to reach the limiter ever since it has warmed up

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
That sounds about right.

I usually stop at round 100. Wind blast is terrific and bike gets a little twitchy above 100.

If I feel the need for speed I just fire up my Connie 14. At a buck 32 it is rock solid and the fairing makes you feel like you are parked under an umbrella in the Bahama's.

·
Banned
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea if i tuck in real good (to the point i cant see where im going) the bike will gain speed like im flying in the air

·
Registered
202 Posts
I got it to 131 yesterday and ran out of room, cannot confirm or deny. Although idk what you're talking about slow. In 5th I hit 131 very quickly. Theres still a whole other gear... This bike has a lot more in it for sure.

·
Registered
377 Posts
in fifth the engine starts limiting power ~9k, but will roll almost all the way to redline
in sixth,the engine starts limiting power ~8k and actually hits limit before redline.(9.4k IIRC)

Verified by Dynotune runs WOT in 3d, 4th, 5th, and 6th.

basically 4th is the best, no limiting power until redline limit, at which time you're at top speed 132 indicated, 124 in reality.

I can't find the dyno runs right now to show you, but it's true.

Totally stock engine/exhaust/ecu.

·
Super Moderator
5,762 Posts
Guys........this topic has been covered multiple times in this forum.......DO A SEARCH FIRST!

Reactions: Obijack
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.