Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sold my fz09 a couple weeks ago and bought a super duke. Really liked the fz, but couldn't get the super duke off my mind! Got about 400 miles on it. No problems so far. It's absolutely awesome(and should be for the price). Tons of torque everywhere in the rpm range and really gets nuts above 7k rpm. It's got a little more sporty of a riding position than the fz. A little forward lean to reach the bars, but very comfy. Leg room is about the same, maybe a little less than the fz. I'm surprised at how controllable the power is. Much smoother on-off the throttle than the fz. Hometown Honda in Marietta, Ohio has a demo bike. They'll turn you loose on it unchaperoned, if any of you guys are in that area.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
I sold my fz09 a couple weeks ago and bought a super duke. Really liked the fz, but couldn't get the super duke off my mind! Got about 400 miles on it. No problems so far. It's absolutely awesome(and should be for the price). Tons of torque everywhere in the rpm range and really gets nuts above 7k rpm. It's got a little more sporty of a riding position than the fz. A little forward lean to reach the bars, but very comfy. Leg room is about the same, maybe a little less than the fz. I'm surprised at how controllable the power is. Much smoother on-off the throttle than the fz. Hometown Honda in Marietta, Ohio has a demo bike. They'll turn you loose on it unchaperoned, if any of you guys are in that area.
Pictures or it didn't happen! :)

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
i've only read reviews on the bike but a lot of people were saying that even though the bike has crazy power - it's a very easy bike to take around town - do you agree or is the throttle really twitchy with all that torque?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i've only read reviews on the bike but a lot of people were saying that even though the bike has crazy power - it's a very easy bike to take around town - do you agree or is the throttle really twitchy with all that torque?
Easy to ride anywhere. Throttle is much smoother than the fz. It's not as aggressive off idle. Small openings of the throttle don't result in the twitchiness that result from small openings of the fz's throttle. I heard KTM tried a 1:1 throttle to throttle body ratio and it was almost unrideable. They tamed it down and it is very manageable.

·
Registered
44 Posts
That's a crazy serious wow, black is the way to go.
Congrats man! I want one!
My cousin almost had one then realized he loved his Diavel and keep that
Just got a 2011 Ducati 1098 pearl white 900 miles on it seems like a cool bike too
So many bikes ! So little wallet!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts