Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put the 38L topcase on the bike - Took the bike to upstate NY for a three day trip. Put on 1250 Miles on in 3 days.
A few points.

1. CCT Temp Fix has worked - no issues.
2. Stock seat is a disaster - the only saving grace is i'm short enough i can ride standing up (sort of)
3. Tires are wearing fast. Rear looks to be down to 50% with 2500 miles on them.
4. Bike offers zero rain protection, maybe even negative rain protection.
5. Top Case loaded with stuff just provides more "Wheelie-ability"

I think this bike with a better seat and a real windshield would be a great touring bike - in B mode that is.

RR.

Reactions: DreamFZ

·
Registered
272 Posts
I solved the seat problem with a seat concepts seat and put a ermax 25cm screen which helps some , hand guards and yamaha luggage with a joe rocket small tank bag. I would never use a top case because of the high weight but thats only my thing I like all the weight below the seat line. These changes make the bike ok for 3 to5 days but it will never be as good as my vstrom for long rides but the bike wasn't built to be. Also the small tank gets old fast on trips. RR:cool:

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
which stock tires did you end up with? the Bridgestone or Dunlop?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Motorcycle Seats - Apex Stitching he's done all my seats, thousand mile days no problem, just finished an 10,501 mile trip around the US and my butt barely got sore for the first time after 12 days in

also, Michellin Pilot Power 3 2CT, front tire lasted the whole trip, rear tire lasted 8,500 miles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts