Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I'm not sure which section to be posting this question but here it goes.

I am throwing around some ideas in my head on how to build a 12 bar on my fz-09. For all who don't know a 12 bar is used as a foothold for wheelies, and also to protect the back end if you roll the bike too far in a wheelie. Hence the name 12 o'clock.

I havnt seen any for sale on ebay or anywhere online, but I have come across a crash cage I will be purchasing.

Basically my plan is to build a U shaped bar that goes around but over the tail light and to purchase an integrated tail light to do away with the blinkers and that giant tumor on the back of the bike.

I will also have a license plate bracket
Integrated with my design.

I'll post pics and updates as I stop being lazy and actually attempt
To make it, but I was just wondering if anyone has already made something similar?

Here's some examples of what I plan to build but mine will be a little more complex and visually appealing. Also rounded pipe instead of flat bar.

Any ideas on it or pointers would be appreciated as well.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
If you can find photos of the Yamaha luggage rack, it bolts to the sub frame 4 places, I think the frame is ready for the bolts but there might be some plastic that needs drilling. I don't know if those mount points are strong enough for your bar but they are worth looking at.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not a bad idea bob I'll check that out. I was thinking of using the mount holes of the current fender but side mount might be better

1 - 6 of 6 Posts