Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Never was a big fan of the stock foot pegs. Too much vibration.

Looked at Yamaha rubber toped pegs for the FZ6 and others but when you add up all the parts you wind up at one Benjamin...$100.

Saw these Chinese clones on Amazon for $12. Figured why not?

Just got back for a test run and they are great. A definite reduction of vibration, plus they look hydra glide cool. :cool:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H5JOAXM/ref=pe_385040_30332190_TE_3p_dp_1

IMG_0583.jpg IMG_0584.jpg IMG_0585.jpg

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
I like it.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Is the vibration something that's subjective from person to person or just something some have and some don't? Curious because I haven't really experienced hardly any myself.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Is the vibration something that's subjective from person to person or just something some have and some don't? Curious because I haven't really experienced hardly any myself.
I would say it's consistent on the bike but your personal level of sensitivity may vary.

It's not uncomfortable for me per se but I see where hawkerjet is coming from. 2 hours riding at a good clip on this bike and my feet are going numb from the vibration through the pegs.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Hope they do a good job. Lets hear a review in a few months? I was looking at the MT-09 Street Rally ADV style pegs which have some "teeth" in them- for grip- the stock ones can get a bit slippery when it rains.

It is definitely a question of personal level of sensitivity. I never feel that the bike is vibey, not from the footpegs at least. Have done 4 hour ride. Or 6 hours. Or 8 hours. I have been cold, wet, thirsty- but never felt tingling in them feet.

Must be all the experience riding thumpers?

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Yes, keep us updated..my only experience with Chinese pegs was on my old bike..one broke about 8 miles from home..was not a pleasant ride back to the house.

upon further inspection, it seemed like the cheap white metal just wasn't up to the task and snapped clean...thankfully, I wasn't weighting that peg in a corner when it decided to go away.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Same pegs here which are exactly like the pegs on most of the motorcycles that I have owned. Years ago I purchased solid pegs for my VFR800. After 1 hour of riding, I deemed them Vibrapegs and tossed them in the parts bin.

Also, I had to grind a little off the right side peg to get it level, but I am a stickler for that sort of thing. The peg is a tad higher which gives me more ground clearance, and I left the curb feelers out. I have not touched the ground with them in the turns, but have touched my toe a couple of times. Sweet.

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
I too would be concerned about the quality of the metal and the possibility of one breaking/snapping off a very inopportune time......like during a stand up wheelie or maybe even with a lot of pressure on one of them while hanging off the bike cornering. Hope it works out well for ya' but I'll pass on that option.

Reactions: CD599

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I swear to God, I don't think that the quality of the pegs is any less than some of the shit that Yamaha let this bike out of the factory with.

Brought to you by my amazing Samsung Galaxy III, built in Korea.
That's amazing Samsung Doug... but just what did Sam sing?

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
That's amazing Samsung Doug... but just what did Sam sing?
I kind of recognize the music, but I don't know what they're singin'........cause it's in Korean!

Reactions: DNFDOUG

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Have to chuckle that nobody made mention of "Hydra Glide" on the thread title.

Nope it has nothing to do with water.

They were made at Harley Davidson's new plant in China. Lol.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
I too would be concerned about the quality of the metal and the possibility of one breaking/snapping off a very inopportune time......like during a stand up wheelie or maybe even with a lot of pressure on one of them while hanging off the bike cornering. Hope it works out well for ya' but I'll pass on that option.
Have some faith man. I run Indonesian tires on Chinese rims.....held on with Taiwanese lug nuts on my Japanese Nissan car. Nothing has happened yet.

Reactions: Hawkerjet

·
Registered
730 Posts
Very subjective. ... compared to my 79 Husky, the FZ doesn't vibrate at all.

Reactions: Hawkerjet
1 - 18 of 18 Posts