Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When people switch to bar end mirrors, I see some go with just a left mirror and some go with both.

I purchased the Rhinomoto bar ends and a CRG Blindsight choosing to just try out the left only. After trying it, I feel like having just one made me feel uncomfortable.

For the guys running just one, do you get comfortable with it? Is there a reason you just use the one?

Thanks guys!

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Some will tell you that you don't need even the one.....I've got both and have considered added a set of Tomok Mirrers to supplement, but haven't added them yet. Only One seems like a mistake to me. :cool:

Reactions: Da Braddah

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
If you only have one it should be on the left side so you can see anyone trying to overtake you. That said... always check your blind spots... not just when you are changing lanes, but every few seconds or so. It can... and will... save your butt! Check your blind spots and know where other vehicles are at all times... I know it sounds like hoopla, but it's your life on the line. Don't trust it to anyone else but yourself.

·
Registered
418 Posts
One mirror makes the bike unbalanced. No mirrors make the bike illegal. Two mirrors and using common sense and being vigilant will get you very far. Who cares if some people use one, two, or ten mirrors? Do what you feel you need to do and be safe.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
To me it feels lopsided with only one. I put the CRG Arrow mirrors on to replace the stock cockroach antennas, and while there was a short adjustment period, I find them quite useful now. I ride every day, and can't imagine why one would want to have less visibility-but that's just me...

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I know you need at least one on the left to be street legal here, two is my preferred and yes I ALWAYS check my blind spots, no matter what. Even on a deserted road as it has become a good habit. Defensive driving and being aware of who and what is around at all times you will save your bacon. The best way I have heard it described is to always assume everyone else on the road is out to get you and never trust anyone. And that includes your riding buddies, as you never know when they might see and react to something you don't see on the road.

And the only time no mirrors is a good thing, is on a dirt bike, since the trees will eat them eventually anyways, lol.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
"1 vs 2.....???"

While on The Street, I think it's more realistic to ask, "2 vs 3" or "3 vs 4" :cool:

Reactions: JustWantToRide

·
Registered
612 Posts
I just don't like tha A-symmetry look, the bike looks much more balanced and complete with two mirrors. As for dudes riding with no mirrors at all on the street, I think that's suicide. Having mirrors on my bike allows me to see if a car or SUV is right up my ass when I have to slam my brakes on at an intersection or similar scenario. I always like to check both my mirrors on a fairly regular basis, just in case I have missed something in the opposite blind spot.

I don't even understand the argument for wanting a mirror on only one side, surely it can't be for weight savings right??

Reactions: Steve101

·
Registered
730 Posts
Most states require a mirror on the left, minimum.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts