Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

621 - 628 of 628 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
As far as I know the eco has no affects on the closed loop, even when the closed loop is flashed off the eco still appears in the dash, to answer your question the eco appears at part throttles & these are the areas the closed loop runs.

·
Registered
2 Posts
@kevxtx thank for your usefull posts! I have a question, I hope you can answer!

My 09 is a 2017 Euro 4, I fitted the full arrow exhaust dekat and K&N air filter so I decided to flash the ecu. I live in Italy, Sicily, so the only way to have my ECU flashed is to send it to a guy in north Italy; I don't know which software he will use, I think FT.

My biggest problem with the bike is the jerky throttle response in std and A mode, while driving on a mountain road. Especially in 2nd gear, 30-40mph turns, at full lean while moving from off-throttle to maintenance throttle. This is why the last season I drove all the time on B mode, because it felt soo much smoother.

So with the guy we were talking about the options we can use, ie. soften the throttle map on std and A mode on small throttle opening (less than 15-20%) and deactivate the throttle cut on deceleration; however my doubt are on the o2 sensor.
As far as I know at small openings is working the closed loop, so leaving the o2 active may keep the lean mixture and jerky response (btw the oem B map for me it's ok!); BUT with the o2 disabled while cruising ie. on the highway I think the fuel mileage would decrease due to the richer fuel mixture of the open loop. So I cannot decide to leave it active or disable... also, is there a risk to have the engine warning light on with one of the two configurations??

·
Registered
612 Posts
@kevxtx thank for your usefull posts! I have a question, I hope you can answer!

My 09 is a 2017 Euro 4, I fitted the full arrow exhaust dekat and K&N air filter so I decided to flash the ecu. I live in Italy, Sicily, so the only way to have my ECU flashed is to send it to a guy in north Italy; I don't know which software he will use, I think FT.

My biggest problem with the bike is the jerky throttle response in std and A mode, while driving on a mountain road. Especially in 2nd gear, 30-40mph turns, at full lean while moving from off-throttle to maintenance throttle. This is why the last season I drove all the time on B mode, because it felt soo much smoother.

So with the guy we were talking about the options we can use, ie. soften the throttle map on std and A mode on small throttle opening (less than 15-20%) and deactivate the throttle cut on deceleration; however my doubt are on the o2 sensor.
As far as I know at small openings is working the closed loop, so leaving the o2 active may keep the lean mixture and jerky response (btw the oem B map for me it's ok!); BUT with the o2 disabled while cruising ie. on the highway I think the fuel mileage would decrease due to the richer fuel mixture of the open loop. So I cannot decide to leave it active or disable... also, is there a risk to have the engine warning light on with one of the two configurations??
Flash the O2 sensor off, the O2 sensor is not for fuel consumption it is there for emission control flashing it off make little difference to a tank of fuel. Cant comment on if your engine light will be on after the flash as I don't know what software he is using on your EU ECU, I do know it wont be on using Woolich software.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello Kev,
I would like to refresh this discussion although a lot of has been already said:)
I am from Europe and I am not sure, if your O2 controller is fully compatible with 2016 (first generation) MT-09? It should be EU3 emission class, no
ABS, no TCS. Will the dashboard emission sign appear or not? Thanks and sorry for my English

·
Registered
612 Posts
Check your ECU part number for comparability.

2016 MT09 ECU part number 2DR-8591a-40 is a Euro 4 emission ECU, my controller will work in correcting the closed loop AFR but the ECU can detect it & will put the engine light on permanently, I never brought my Euro 4 02 controller to market as there is no more demand for them as we just flash the closed loop off these days which is a better solution & I don't really have the time anymore to make them as I am working on newer models. I will be making them for the 2019 790 KTMs & have ordered a new 890R to play with when they arrive in Australia.

2013 to 2015 ECU's which I suspect is one of yours 1RC-8591a-00 /01 /11, 2DR8591a-00 /01 /11 ECUs are all Euro 3 ECUs, controller works fine no engine light on.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Check your ECU part number for comparability.

2016 MT09 ECU part number 2DR-8591a-40 is a Euro 4 emission ECU, my controller will work in correcting the closed loop AFR but the ECU can detect it & will put the engine light on permanently, I never brought my Euro 4 02 controller to market as there is no more demand for them as we just flash the closed loop off these days which is a better solution & I don't really have the time anymore to make them as I am working on newer models. I will be making them for the 2019 790 KTMs & have ordered a new 890R to play with when they arrive in Australia.

2013 to 2015 ECU's which I suspect is one of yours 1RC-8591a-00 /01 /11, 2DR8591a-00 /01 /11 ECUs are all Euro 3 ECUs, controller works fine no engine light on.
Ok, understood. Thank you for detailed info. I will checked it and in the case of correct ECU number, I will order one from Ebay. Thanks a lot

621 - 628 of 628 Posts