Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bastardised and fitted a Gopro Mount directly to the front. Drill and flat file required..

The 09 is dangerous with a chin or chest mount.. it.. urges... you to do things that should not have your clock on camera! Cam not even visible from rider view

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Great location if you're not running a windscreen!

Not trying to be picky, but your photos would show much better with a plain background like a a solid colored wall.

Nice work on the mount.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Just looked up the MT-01 out of curiousity. Very cool bike and obviously very rare. How do you like it? Looks like a great alternative to a Buehl.

Nice!

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
i have mine mounted about an inch to the left of where you put yours..(or right, if your looking from the front) I used only the sticky mount that comes with the Go Pros.....no issues yet and its been on there for a few thousand miles.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just looked up the MT-01 out of curiousity. Very cool bike and obviously very rare. How do you like it? Looks like a great alternative to a Buehl.

Nice!
Very rare... and in 25 years of motorcycling with about 15 motorcycles owned and many more ridden id have to say its the best bike ive ever owned. Atestament to yamaha building a quality over quantity bike.

The ride is something that cannot be explained. It has to be experienced. A term often used is that it leaves you with a "shit eating grin"...

One of my reasons for buying the 09 is to save me from killing the 01. I ride pretty hard and sooner or later ill drop it (already wrote 1 MT01 off) so ill hammer the 09 instead.. its cheap as chips and quickly becoming the most common bike on the road around here.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Great location if you're not running a windscreen!

Not trying to be picky, but your photos would show much better with a plain background like a a solid colored wall.

Nice work on the mount.
Talk about eye fatigue! LOL

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That's awesome! I like the bender addition haha can you make me one!? If you can I'll take it without bender on it, that can be your personal touch. Let me know, I really wanna start using my go pro this season on some rides
bender free file is uploaded on thingiverse, for free mate, find someone local with a printer to do it for you.

MT-09 GoPro Mount by nauseum - Thingiverse

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Do you have your own 3D printer? I've been looking at the Printrbot.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
bender free file is uploaded on thingiverse, for free mate, find someone local with a printer to do it for you.

MT-09 GoPro Mount by nauseum - Thingiverse
Try get someone with FDM (extruder ABS or PLA) to print for you, the material is inherently hard. The resin I print with using DLP will get harder and harder in UV until ti becomes brittle and snaps. Once this design works right (im still tweaking it) ill make a mould and inject it in ABS. (advantages of having a factory at your disposal)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Do you have your own 3D printer? I've been looking at the Printrbot.
as post above, extruders (fdm) are cheap to buy, cheap to run, but lacking in resolution, an extruder wont print bender for example, but will do a great job on the fixture.

if you want high resolution prints you need to go DLP.

here is my chin mount printed on an extruder. works great but you can tell around the edges the lack of resolution.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
new revision, shorter, squater, as close to mounting it directly on that screw as it will get. will test this on a 400km run tommorow and post some footage.

Light Product Electronics Technology Ceiling

·
Registered
558 Posts
I dunno if I'd trust 3D printed parts (at the moment) to hold my $500 camera to a bike. I've had a couple parts for R/C helicopters printed and they don't hold up well to impact or heat (even sitting in the sun levels of heat). Neat tho, dig the Bender!

Reactions: rtsb
1 - 20 of 22 Posts