Visiting my old friend Angela, as in Angela's Crest Hwy (Hwy2) in So Cal...
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha FZ-09 Forum

This is a discussion on Visiting my old friend Angela, as in Angela's Crest Hwy (Hwy2) in So Cal... within the XSR900 Ride Report forums, part of the Yamaha XSR900 Cafe Racer Forum category; Visiting an old friend, Angela, on the way to Newcomb's Ranch... . Angela, as in Angela's Crest Hwy, known to So Cal folks as ACH, ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By pgeldz

Thread: Visiting my old friend Angela, as in Angela's Crest Hwy (Hwy2) in So Cal...

Member #

Visiting an old friend, Angela, on the way to Newcomb's Ranch...
    Angela, as in Angela's Crest Hwy, known to So Cal folks as ACH, was my old stomping ground when I lived in So Cal many moons ago.
    I had a chance to visit this iconic road on the way back from Motorsport Exotica 's first bike night of the year down in LA, and get rid of the chicken strips that adorned the fresh rubber shod on the Cafe Racer Project.
    My starting point was Willow Springs Int'l Raceway, where I stayed the night with my fellow Apex Assassins as they got ready for the 2wheelstrackdays track day and Wera race weekend.
    Headed up Angela's Forest Hwy and then to ACH, only to find out it was closed 20 min down the road due to a rock slide. Doubled back down ACH to the famous Shell gas station at La Cañada Flintridge to fill up, and then headed back up ACH to Angela's Forest Hwy. From there, I was able to take Upper Big Tujunga Canyon Road which spit me out further up on ACH, avoiding the rock slide altogether.
    Stopped at Newcomb's Ranch for a quick drink and a bit of nostalgia, then headed all the way down ACH through the ski resorts and into Wrightwood where it joins up to Hwy 138, the road my race number is named after.
    From there, just interstate riding on I-15 all the way back to Vegas.
    Talk about throttle therapy...this trip did the trick. It was a nice little reboot, and brought back nostalgic memories of a time when I used to ride Angela's Crest Hwy every weekend for almost a year straight. To do it on a bike I built that celebrates this type of nostalgia, on a modern day interpretation of a vintage cafe racer, was the icing on the cake.
    Thanks for the memories Angela, you were as beautiful as I remembered...
    #throttletherapythursday

Member #
    I'm very jealous. I used to live 45 minutes away from ACH and rode there all the time.

Member #
    About 20 years ago I spent the winter living at the Claremont Hotel with a first generation R-1. Whenever the rear tire started developing a flat spot from all the freeway riding I'd head up there to round it out. Then a few years later I went back and the CHP had closed it off. Nice to see her back in spirited business again.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FZ09.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Yeah, always a good time up there

Gold Supporting Member
    Supporting Member
    Member #
    Good story pg.
    I always enjoy checking out the places that people mention on Google. Even some fun photos of the Shell station.
    Those roads are epic and the big plus is the fact that there are many miles of them.

Many, many years ago I lived in Northern Cali, Yuba City in fact, and had so much fun playing on the roads up there but, alas, I am old now so my range keeps me East of the Mississippi River.
    "There is a grey blur and a green blur so I try to stay on the grey one"-------Joey Dunlop

Sponsored Links