Infamy, infamy...They've all got it infamy!
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha FZ-09 Forum

This is a discussion on Infamy, infamy...They've all got it infamy! within the XSR900 Ride Report forums, part of the Yamaha XSR900 Cafe Racer Forum category; Sorry for this pointless rant but surely I can't be the only one who gets in from a ride occasionally and thinks 'why do i ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Mozzer
  • 1 Post By Mozzer
  • 2 Post By moliver

Thread: Infamy, infamy...They've all got it infamy!

Member #

Sorry for this pointless rant but surely I can't be the only one who gets in from a ride occasionally and thinks 'why do i do this?'? We all know that everytime we go out on a bike the tossers are going to pull out in front of us, cut us up, etc, but yesterday was just one of those days.

Crap in the road, everywhere, sticks, stones, debris, absolutely all the leftovers resulting from piss poor drainage on piss poor roads.

Farm mud/shite on roads. And, a new one on me, the farmers were out there with some sort of road cleaner which just made it more slippy...Perhaps this is to stop it splashing on the 4x4's before the school run?

Single track road and cyclists 4 a breast...Then signal and turn right without a shoulder check, in a nano second. The r1 brakes are pretty good.

More tractors only this time hedge trimming so hopefully no punctures this morning.

My personnel favourite, got abused by a horse rider as, in her self important, self entitled, wag opinion I had not slowed down enough for her. I had, this was just anti bike/car sentiment. Or **** off the road maybe?? (I had passed another horse on this ride and received smiles, waves and a thank you so I must have it in my locker).

And operations normal for the car/van/lorry drivers.

And all this in a fun filled hour. In future I will stick to the main roads where I can be persecuted by the police for doing 44 in a 40 (on a major trunk road but it's for our safety) whilst following HGVs. Or, just ride up and down the motorway.

It can't just be me...Right?

Be Lucky.
    ridetofish and boro like this.

Member #
    Welcome to rural England, too much hate this time of year

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    Welcome to rural England, too much hate this time of year
    You're not wrong Mate! People seem so angry. In the old days they just didn't see you...Now they pull out whether they see you or not. Happy days.
    Morten likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FZ09.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Yeah, T.E. Lawrence used to complain about...... NOT !!!
    The Urban Ballet with millimeters to spare.

Member #
    Oh no, no, no; it's NOT just you. The 4 abreast cycle phenomenon is a particularly annoying and dangerous thing And they seem to think they're invulnerable from impact by 400 lbs of hot metal and rider travelling at up to 60mph

Member #
    If nothing else this rant has made me feel better about my situation. I hope that's not offensive, I just mean that a little perspective can go a long way.

Sure the drivers in the city are absolute crap and couldn't care if I live or die, but once I get out of the city it's quiet for the most part. People seem not to have an opinion one way or the other about motorcycles and my biggest complaint would be when they pull onto the shoulder (spitting rocks and crap up at me) in a misguided effort to let me pass. (Thanks, but I'll find my way by when it's safe!) Sure, cyclists are out there but I think they're just happy that I'm not a car trying to squeeze by no matter what the road conditions. We can share the road peacefully even if they want to ride 2 wide, which is extremely rare when a vehicle comes up on them, and I often share a wave or a nod with cyclists in the opposing direction. And we have our share of cow crap and mud, but its rare to find any sort of major debris, or farm equipment, in the road. I gotta say, I'm feeling very lucky right now, so thank you!
    myntz and Morten like this.
    • 1990 Honda NT650GT Hawk (red)
    • 2016 Yamaha XSR900 (silver)

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by wayne-o View Post
    Yeah, T.E. Lawrence used to complain about...... NOT !!!
    And yet, it is believed that two young lads on bicycles precipitated his demise.

Member #
    It was T.E. Lawrence motorcycle death that lead to changes, where after November 1941 crash helmets became compulsory for army motorcyclists on duty.

https://mmcneuro.wordpress.com/tag/hugh-cairns/

10. Lawrence died in a motorcycle crash.

Lawrence was an avid motorcyclist; he owned seven different Brough Superiors, dubbed the “Rolls-Royces of Motorcycles.” On the morning of May 13, 1935, Lawrence sped through the English countryside on his Brough Superior SS100 motorbike. He suddenly saw two boys on bicycles on the narrow country road and swerved to avoid them. However, he clipped one of the bikes and was thrown forward over the handlebars. Lawrence never recovered from his massive brain injuries and died at the age of 46 on May 19.

10 Things You May Not Know About ?Lawrence of Arabia? - History in the Headlines
    Ride to work, work to ride.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_MTN_FZ09 View Post
    It was T.E. Lawrence motorcycle death that lead to changes, where after November 1941 crash helmets became compulsory for army motorcyclists on duty.

https://mmcneuro.wordpress.com/tag/hugh-cairns/

10. Lawrence died in a motorcycle crash.

Lawrence was an avid motorcyclist; he owned seven different Brough Superiors, dubbed the “Rolls-Royces of Motorcycles.” On the morning of May 13, 1935, Lawrence sped through the English countryside on his Brough Superior SS100 motorbike. He suddenly saw two boys on bicycles on the narrow country road and swerved to avoid them. However, he clipped one of the bikes and was thrown forward over the handlebars. Lawrence never recovered from his massive brain injuries and died at the age of 46 on May 19.

10 Things You May Not Know About ?Lawrence of Arabia? - History in the Headlines
    There's a nice new one about...Yours for a snip at £45k...

Infamy, infamy...They've all got it infamy!-broughsup.jpg

Sponsored Links