Vacation pictures / my touring setup - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha FZ-09 Forum

Vacation pictures / my touring setup

This is a discussion on Vacation pictures / my touring setup within the XSR900 Ride Report forums, part of the Yamaha XSR900 Cafe Racer Forum category; Thanks for the ride report. It looks like you guys had a lot of fun....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Vacation pictures / my touring setup

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    Member #
    Thanks for the ride report. It looks like you guys had a lot of fun.
    AndersH likes this.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by AndersH View Post
    Do you ride at speeds of minimum 115km/h (70mph)? I find that under that speed, there's no problem. The buzzing begins at 70+ mph.
    I tried in all the gears, and it starts vibrating at around 5000rpm and gets worse and worse, the higher the RPM I am using.

Its a bit of a shame for me. On my older bikes, 80+ mph where not a problem, not even for extended period of time. On my old ZX9R I could easily ride at 115-130 mph for hours without problems.
    I ride over 70mph most of the time I am on the freeway. Even at speeds over 100mph I don't have any excessive buzzing. In fact, 80mph to 90mph seems to be my bike's "sweet spot" and that is my cruising speed for long distance rides.

Out of curiosity did you remove your "extra" crank case cover as some have done?

I also wonder if this could be related to fuel delivery. Question for those in the know: Would an excessively lean or rich condition cause these types of vibration?

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by minsk99 View Post
    I ride over 70mph most of the time I am on the freeway. Even at speeds over 100mph I don't have any excessive buzzing. In fact, 80mph to 90mph seems to be my bike's "sweet spot" and that is my cruising speed for long distance rides.

Out of curiosity did you remove your "extra" crank case cover as some have done?

I also wonder if this could be related to fuel delivery. Question for those in the know: Would an excessively lean or rich condition cause these types of vibration?

Wow, I would not be able to ride at 100 mph for long time, everything will shake off the bike. Hah.

I did not remove the extra plastic crank case cover.

I'm not sure about fuel delivery. Have you had yours tuned/run in on a dyno etc? Mine is bone stock.
    In the beginning I thought about it having something to do with my new mirrors or the heavy GPS unit on the handlebar. Bur the vibration is also in the foot pegs, so logically those things on the handlebar can't be causing the vibration in the foot pegs.
    It happens in all gears when I hit about 5-6000rpm. So I also doubt its something with an unbalanced wheel.
    Maybe its something with the chain, or something inside the engine?

4. Remove Advertisements
    FZ09.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Great post! Reading this while sitting in an apartment in Leutasch, Austria. So many nice roads around here. It's a shame I'm driving Passat with the family on board, missing my XSR.

Will be interesting to see if you can get to the bottom of the vibration issues. In Australia, it's rare to be able to ride at over 120km/h for extended periods (legally).

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Member #
    Is there anything new about the vibration issue?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links