2019 ECR part II / Midwest weekend?
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha FZ-09 Forum

This is a discussion on 2019 ECR part II / Midwest weekend? within the FZ-09 Events forums, part of the Yamaha FZ-09 Forums category; Okay, so the 2019 East Coast Rally was fun but also too wet and rainy to really enjoy as much quality ride time as we ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: 2019 ECR part II / Midwest weekend?

Muc
    Member #

Okay, so the 2019 East Coast Rally was fun but also too wet and rainy to really enjoy as much quality ride time as we would have liked.

I would like to try to get some of the people who normally attend the ECR to meet up towards the end of the summer, like the end of August or early September.

We can try to get out to some twisties for two solid days of riding and maybe two nights. I think the location would be dependent on who is going to be on board. Possiblly Southern Ohio, eastern PA, West Viginia, Eastern or western Kentucy or Tennesse?

I really want to make this the smallest production possible and just focus on riding. I willing to entertain any ideas. Those members at the East Coast Rally can attest that I'm willing to make things happen and travel if need be. No smoke screen here.

Any serious interest out there?
    ridetofish and Crosshairs like this.

Member #
    Subscribed. Want to see where this might happen. The triangle between Mt. Vernon, Millersburg, and Coshocton in East Central Ohio has some nice roads with some scenery, might make a nice day ride. Triple Nickel is not too far away.....
    "I think a bit of skulduggery would do you good, take your mind off this 'pain' business."

Muc
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    Subscribed. Want to see where this might happen. The triangle between Mt. Vernon, Millersburg, and Coshocton in East Central Ohio has some nice roads with some scenery, might make a nice day ride. Triple Nickel is not too far away.....
    I usually ride farther east. I'm always up for finding new roads. I have made long day trips from Cleveland south through Lisbon to bergholtz to almost wheeling and back north through New Philadelphia. Some great roads down there.
    Last edited by Muc; 06-29-2019 at 05:40 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FZ09.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Well I already have my vacation set and going to be at Tellico plains in mid August just to ride the roads..John and I will be there from the 13th for a week...your welcome to show up or anyone else !
    ridetofish and shamrock like this.
    King-Of-Bee's

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Muc View Post
    I usually ride farther east. I'm always up for finding new roads. I have made long day trips from Cleveland south through Lisbon to bergholtz to almost wheeling and back north through New Philadelphia. Some great roads down there.
    I take banjo lessons in Sugarcreek once a month. I've ridden through New Phillie, Cadiz, and over to Steubenville on US22, so we are riding in the same general area. Have you done the Triple Nickel? Hard to get out of 3rd gear on that one.
    "I think a bit of skulduggery would do you good, take your mind off this 'pain' business."

Muc
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by abe57 View Post
    Well I already have my vacation set and going to be at Tellico plains in mid August just to ride the roads..John and I will be there from the 13th for a week...your welcome to show up or anyone else !

I don't want to impose, but for me that would be of interest. Is this something that I could maybe do 15 to 18? We'd actually get a chance to ride together since we weren't able to at the ECR. Besides john, Is it guys from the forum or others you know?

Muc
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Muc View Post
    I take banjo lessons in Sugarcreek once a month. I've ridden through New Phillie, Cadiz, and over to Steubenville on US22, so we are riding in the same general area. Have you done the Triple Nickel? Hard to get out of 3rd gear on that one.
    No I've not done the 555 yet. Thats pushing my day trip range. I'm a fan of RT 164 myself alot of fun to ride. That's a fair trek for me to get down there that loop and associated routes usually run me between 250 to 400 miles depending on the roads I hit. Do I really dont get to do that as often as I would like.

Even though I know quite a few riders, I'm riding almost exclusively solo. Apparently, owning a motocycle doesn't mean you want to really ride it.

If your interested in riding some, I'm more than willing to meet closer to your place if that would facilitate such a trip.

Let me know....

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    Member #
    MUC, I'm unable to join you for this. I wish you much luck in putting together a midwest gathering. I've made no secret of what I believe to be the mental health benefits of
    moto-gatherings. I still hold out hope that Tex and Pegasus can ramp up a Fall Ozark Rally.
    Muc and Crosshairs like this.

Muc
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by ridetofish View Post
    MUC, I'm unable to join you for this. I wish you much luck in putting together a midwest gathering. I've made no secret of what I believe to be the mental health benefits of
    moto-gatherings. I still hold out hope that Tex and Pegasus can ramp up a Fall Ozark Rally.
    Let me know if they do, I'd strongly consider making a trek out.

Member #
    Hey- you're giving away my secret riding playground!
    You can't 'idiot proof' anything....every time you try, they just make
    better idiots.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links