Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

Engine light

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  vcyclenut 
#1 ·
So i took it for a firs ride after ivan's flash.woow!great is all i could say.bike very smooth,lots of power,just like new,but with akrapovic carbon exhaust. Then this happened... after about 150 miles, multiple stop,start no issues i stopped for a coffee. When i tried to start the bike it wouldn't start. Tried a couple of times and nothing. The starter would turn,dashboard lit up but wouldn't start. Then i looked at the key and it was sitting between off and on position. When i turned it to on the bike started no problem, but i noticed the engine light came on!!i stopped and checked if everything was ok,turned it off and back on and still the light remains on!i didn't notice any performance issues .bike seems to be working normally, but the engine light is still on.any idea what has happened to my bike??what could i do?will dealer even want to look at it knowing i got different exhaust and flash from Ivan??i got about 1500 miles on it,it'll be a year old in July. Any advice?pls help. I will contact Ivan tomorrow and explain the situation, but if any of you have some idea as to what happened, pls help if you can. I'm not even sure if the key situation is the reason the engine light came on,but that was a bit strange. Like i stated before there was no issues until that key situation

#2 ·
Apparantly a fault code has to be cleared by a special tool...as it isnt affecting the running of the bike take it to a dealer and tell them it just came on after the key incident....if they are any way decent they will clear the code for free. Ask if they are going to charge before letting them do anything though....some dealers are b.....rds :icon_thumright:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.