Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

Cam Chain Tensioner Service Bulletin

10K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  gerhardgrobler1985 
#1 ·
I have a 2015 FZ-09. I rode to the dealer to make the arrangements for the handlebar clamp recall. While I was there I asked the service person to give a listen to my cam chain for excess chattering. He told me it was louder than he felt it should be and that there was a service bulletin for the fix. It appears they put a new shorter bolt in along with a new gasket etc. I waited about three weeks for all the parts to fix both things, had the service done at no charge, and picked up my bike yesterday. It seems a bit quieter and hopefully will stay that way. He told me that they don't advertise the cam chain tension bulletin but only do it for customer who complain about excess chatter.
Just thought I'd pass the word.

#3 ·
I would verify what they did. If, indeed they only put in a shorter bolt, as opposed to replacing the entire CCT, that's not a fix. Check your WO and see what parts are listed. I would think it unlikely that they would simply replace the center bolt and nut and call it good-but who honestly knows what some of these 'service departments' do...