California Dreaming
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha FZ-09 Forum

California Dreaming

This is a discussion on California Dreaming within the FZ-09 General Discussion forums, part of the Yamaha FZ-09 Forums category; 'm from Massachusetts and and visiting California next week to go to my GF's son's wedding. I rented an FZ 09 from a guy in ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: California Dreaming

Member #

California Dreaming

'm from Massachusetts and and visiting California next week to go to my GF's son's wedding. I rented an FZ 09 from a guy in Hesperia on Riders-Share.com. I'll be staying in Palmdale and not knowing the area, I was thinking that maybe there's be another rider from here that might like to do meet up for a Saturday 7-13-19 ride. I was thinking of heading towards the desert but I'm not stuck on any particular destination. Anyone game?

Member #
    Hopefully the state doesn't slide into the ocean in the meantime. That's some spooky stuff goin' on out there right now.
    Tac1 likes this.
    '92 Bandit 400
    '18 MT-09

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSchlPunk View Post
    Hopefully the state doesn't slide into the ocean in the meantime. That's some spooky stuff goin' on out there right now.
    The town I live in in Massachusetts is on the ocean. I can swim and I know from racing hair scrambles that I can ride in almost waist deep water.

Nobody out there wants to show an old guy the riding hot spots?

4. Remove Advertisements
    FZ09.org
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    Member #
    Maybe post up again with a more specific thread title like: visiting forum member needs California route suggestions

Gold Supporting Member
    Supporting Member
    Member #
    Hey Chester, just head south out of Palmdale into the mountains. On a Saturday you'll find plenty of people to ride with. You can even head into La Canada Flintridge and meet a bunch of people at the Shell station.
    I live in Florida and know nothing about that area but I just read a thread in the XSR900 Ride Reports section of this forum and it sounds like what you're looking for.

https://www.fz09.org/forum/97-xsr900...tml#post870124
    ridetofish likes this.
    "There is a grey blur and a green blur so I try to stay on the grey one"-------Joey Dunlop

Member #
    too bad you do't have more time because world superbike is in monterey this weekend
    ridetofish and shamrock like this.
    Currently:
    2016 Yamaha FZ-09
    2001 Ducati 996

Previously:
    1982 Kawasaki KZ-750
    1988 Harley Davidson FXRS-SP
    1997 Ducati CR-900
    2001 Ducati ST4
    2006 Suzuki GSXR-1000

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by shamrock View Post
    Hey Chester, just head south out of Palmdale into the mountains. On a Saturday you'll find plenty of people to ride with. You can even head into La Canada Flintridge and meet a bunch of people at the Shell station.
    I live in Florida and know nothing about that area but I just read a thread in the XSR900 Ride Reports section of this forum and it sounds like what you're looking for.

https://www.fz09.org/forum/97-xsr900...tml#post870124
    Thanks, I just looked at the route and it looks way cool.
    shamrock likes this.

Member #
    Palmdale? You're in a great position. There are number of beautiful roads out there, but I would recommend San Gabriel Canyon road - if you go all the way up there is Crystal Lake Cafe where bikers hang out.

There is other harder route next to San Gabriel - can check Glendora Mountain road

If want more - check @the_backroad instagram - with detailed guide on best roads around LA with photos, rating and comments

I might join you, but looks like am booked for hiking that day. Have fun and be safe!

avp
    Member #

North side of mountains

You can try the north side of the mountains, (Wrightwood), by taking the 138 east from Palmdale. Then look for the 2 and that's Angeles Crest Highway (ACH).

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by ChesterBurnet View Post
    ”I can swim and I know from racing hair scrambles that I can ride in almost waist deep water.”
    This is exactly why I won’t lend my bike out 😂😂😂

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links