LED Running Light suggestions
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha FZ-09 Forum

This is a discussion on LED Running Light suggestions within the FZ-09 General Discussion forums, part of the Yamaha FZ-09 Forums category; On my Tracer GT I replaced the stock pumpkins with a really nice set of LED lights. The downside is that I lost the running ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By djbpdx

Thread: LED Running Light suggestions

Member #

On my Tracer GT I replaced the stock pumpkins with a really nice set of LED lights. The downside is that I lost the running lights in the front. On that bike it was easy to run some external fog lights so that cars could see me easier. On the FZ9 it seems like fog lights might be more of a challenge then they are worth and I like having the extra visibility. Can anyone suggest some nice LED running lights that work with the bike and look functional? Pictures would be great as well if you have them! Thanks!

Member #
    I installed a set of Lightech lights that have amber turns signals and white running lights (one row for each colour, stacked on top of each other). You can find them for purchase by seaching "LighTech Integrated LED Turn Signal - Type 3"

Imgur link

edit: I should note that I was pulled over by Washington State Police recently and the officer mentioned that these lights are technically too small to be considered legal in that state (must have lit surface area of 3 square inches). Check your local equipment laws, or avoid cops.
    Last edited by djbpdx; 07-04-2019 at 09:42 AM.
    DrunkulaTX likes this.
    2017 Matte Silver (Puig touring screen + CustomLED integrated tail light + LighTech front signals + Kaoko throttle lock + Yamaha comfort seat)

Member #
    Traf-X hands down. Expensive but worth it and still look great after 3 years. Bright as hell, too. None of this dim Amazon LED garbage.

Do a search for Traf-X Indicator X Light 02

I can't find my pics, but here's another guy's:
    https://www.fz09.org/forum/13-fz-09-...d-signals.html

Edit: Also, I think not having the signals on as daytime running lights, regardless of which signals you have attached is probably to do with wiring. I ended up using a 3 to 2 wiring kit from Tripage LED and mine are always on as running lights. The dashboard does blink alternate of what the signal is doing; when dashboard signal light is on, the actual signal light is off, kinda thing.
    Last edited by jimmay; 07-12-2019 at 06:26 AM.
    2015 Yamaha FZ-09
    1993 Suzuki GS500

Sponsored Links