Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

ECO Mode Indicator?

21K views 33 replies 24 participants last post by  LouG 
#1 ·
How does this work? Mine stays on all the time, even when I ride hard. It goes off when the clutch is disengaged.

#13 · (Edited)
That reminds me of manifold vacuum gauges on American land barges of the 1960's. As I remember some even had a range demarking "economy". Of course me being a redblooded teenager I saw it as my duty to make certain that I had the needle on that gauge slammed all the way into the knucklehead zone. I suppose not much has changed in my household in the past fifty years.

#18 ·
has to be the dumbest feature on this bike. Makes me want to ride faster to keep it off.

Similar to the roadside radar speed signs......I always accelerate to see how high I can get the speed to read.

I don't know, maybe I just got issues?

I would also trade the eco indicator for a couple more bars of resolution on the fuel gage..........or be able to display miles / temp / or time at the same time.

/rant over/

#21 ·
I was paying attention to ECO yesterday when I was riding with a flashing single bar. Other than a KTM with a 10L tank (!!) I always seem to have the shortest riding range in my group.....even making sure to fill all the way to the neck.

#29 ·
Did about 59 US MPG on the highway home once following a friends car in limp home mode. kept my distance from him so i did not draft.
Could do better if a wanted...............so boring i am never gonna try it again i think............. (stuck at 50-55 mph on the highway is not fun)

This engine does not like being in the lower rpms to get high MPG and is clearly not ment for it.

Buying this bike for good MPG, is like buying a Porsche 911 with a trailer hitch to tow a small trailer for your garden waste.

#33 ·
Funniest things I’ve seen is a pack of Porsche’s towing thier autocross wheels and tires in mini trailers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.