Motorcyclist shot in hit and run
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha FZ-09 Forum

This is a discussion on Motorcyclist shot in hit and run within the FZ-09 General Discussion forums, part of the Yamaha FZ-09 Forums category; Yesterday in Black Hawk a 60 year old motorcyclist was involved in a hit and run. When the guy went down his concealed gun went ...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Motorcyclist shot in hit and run

Member #

Yesterday in Black Hawk a 60 year old motorcyclist was involved in a hit and run. When the guy went down his concealed gun went off shooting him in the chest. The cager who ran was caught a few hours later. I only bring this up because quite a few of you guys talk about carrying while your riding. Seems unsafe to me. I won't even keep keys in my pocket. The only weapon I need has two wheels and three cylinders. Not trying to be a safety Nazi I'm just saying...
    kingsquid, beck, FurY and 3 others like this.
    Every man dies but not every man truly lives...

Member #
    I carry at work. I ride my motorcycle to work. But I don't keep a round in the chamber when I'm riding to work. Although I do keep a revolver in my tank bag. The revolver has a hammer spring safety and will not fire unless the trigger is pulled. There is a right way and a wrong way to do everything.
    BMcEL, Shaggiinator and voytek like this.
    Current Bikes:
    Mine-2015 Yamaha R1- Rapid Red/ Pearl White
    2016 DRZ400SM- Black/Gold
    Son-2014 Honda Grom- Red/Black

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by uberwrench View Post
    Yesterday in Black Hawk a 60 year old motorcyclist was involved in a hit and run. When the guy went down his concealed gun went off shooting him in the chest. The cager who ran was caught a few hours later. I only bring this up because quite a few of you guys talk about carrying while your riding. Seems unsafe to me. I won't even keep keys in my pocket. The only weapon I need has two wheels and three cylinders. Not trying to be a safety Nazi I'm just saying...
    Link?

No modern firearm will discharge unless the trigger is pulled. I will give you that a trigger can be pulled by an errant piece of clothing or debris that gets forced into the trigger guard. Amazing forces are at work in a crash. Would love to know the firearm, method/location of carry, exact holster used, etc., but I'm sure I'll never know.

I sometimes carry a Glock 42 in a pocket holster (semi rigid) and reassure myself the trigger could not be pulled and if it was, it would be safely away from my femoral artery….8-) This is another reason I like bags on my bike. I can have the pistol "with" me, such as in a Wilderness Tactical pack, though not on me. While I support ATGATT (all the guns all the time….8-), I do not kid myself that I could deploy my Glock 42, Glock 19 or Glock 23 while riding, and I'm a nationally ranked Master level defensive pistol competitor who regularly rehearses shooting with both hands, from all kinds of positions, using all kinds of pistols. A quick get away with time to get the pistol out of the side case (which I practice regularly) is my best hope. Like many others, I need the pistol at my destination, and being without it is just not a comforting thought.

Also agree with Obijack.
    Desert Rat and RichBaker like this.

http://www.idpa.com
    "Fast is Fine, but Accuracy is Final" - Wyatt Earp

2019 MT-09--Ice Fluo

4. Remove Advertisements
    FZ09.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    I carry an XDM. Grip safety and trigger safety. I'd feel pretty safe riding and carrying it but I carry the service length and it just isn't comfortable so i don't carry while riding.

Member #
    Motorcyclist shot by his own gun during bizarre hit-and-run collision in Black Hawk - 7NEWS Denver TheDenverChannel.com

Sorry I didn't post it earlier I was at home on my tablet. I realize some of you need the firearm at work and Obijack I have heard about the road rage in Florida. I'm not for gun laws either I have several of my own. I guess I see idiots like my boss who take it out and wave it around during everyday conversation that make me nervous. Sounds like you guys take it much more seriously. My original thought was that it's like running with scissors, you know?
    Every man dies but not every man truly lives...

Member #
    Sounds like a freak accident. I would hope just about everyone that carries while riding has a safe firearm. You don't have to be smart to figure out what could happen. We aren't allowed to get carry permits in Canada so mine stay in the safe. Boooo

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    Member #
    "Murvil" TN.......18 miles from Deals Gap
    To me, it's kind of like the scenario where there are some folks that have a driver's license....but still don't know how to drive. Unfortunately, there are people with carry permits that shouldn't own a gun.
    uberwrench, BMcEL and motomania like this.
    "If it ain't fast...........It ain't fun"!

Vern........ Sportbike Track Time Southern Region Lead Intermediate Instructor (Retired)

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by uberwrench View Post
    Motorcyclist shot by his own gun during bizarre hit-and-run collision in Black Hawk - 7NEWS Denver TheDenverChannel.com

Sorry I didn't post it earlier I was at home on my tablet. I realize some of you need the firearm at work and Obijack I have heard about the road rage in Florida. I'm not for gun laws either I have several of my own. I guess I see idiots like my boss who take it out and wave it around during everyday conversation that make me nervous. Sounds like you guys take it much more seriously. My original thought was that it's like running with scissors, you know?
    Holy crap. Get a new boss.
    uberwrench likes this.

http://www.idpa.com
    "Fast is Fine, but Accuracy is Final" - Wyatt Earp

2019 MT-09--Ice Fluo

JSP
    Member #
    Either it was an old defective firearm or it was not properly carried firearm.

Definitely would like to know what firearm it was and what holster he was using (if any).
    -Jay

You call it facial hair... I call it AWESOMENESS escaping through my face!

Previous Bikes: 09 Rebel 250, 09 FZ6R, 09 R6, 11 FZ8, 02 Bandit 1200S

Member #

Off Topic ---> True Story

I worked with a man who lost his leg in a motorcycle accident on his way home from work. The day he returned to work his pistol fell out of his pocket and shot him in his "good" leg. A few months later we were talking one day and I said I couldn't believe anyone could have such bad luck and he laughed and said he couldn't either. This was about 34 years ago.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links