Vcyclenut flash review - Page 3
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha FZ-09 Forum

Vcyclenut flash review

This is a discussion on Vcyclenut flash review within the Flashed by VCycleNut forums, part of the Vendors category; Originally Posted by bambamrl Tried activating cruising at 70 in 5th couldn't get it. How do you get it to activate? were you in b ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Vcyclenut flash review

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by bambamrl View Post
    Tried activating cruising at 70 in 5th couldn't get it. How do you get it to activate?
    were you in b mode??

put the bike in b mode in 5th gear get to a speed above 70 and let off the gas it will catch it

Gold Supporting Member bambamrl's Avatar
    Member #
    ahh ok B mode, will try that.

Member #
    Thread revival!

So I have a vcyclenut flash on my 2014 with a full Hindle system. I can't remember which options I selected for the O2 sensor, the AIS, and the injector decel cut (although probably all yes/disable), but my bike pops and burbles like crazy, to the point that it's embarrassing. Most of the time it's a pretty loud burble, but every so often it's a full on back fire/explosion which is really loud. Not sure what to do about it, it tends to happen more in colder weather. It seems to have gotten worse over time. Any suggestions? David?

4. Remove Advertisements
    FZ09.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob_Defly View Post
    Thread revival!

So I have a vcyclenut flash on my 2014 with a full Hindle system. I can't remember which options I selected for the O2 sensor, the AIS, and the injector decel cut (although probably all yes/disable), but my bike pops and burbles like crazy, to the point that it's embarrassing. Most of the time it's a pretty loud burble, but every so often it's a full on back fire/explosion which is really loud. Not sure what to do about it, it tends to happen more in colder weather. It seems to have gotten worse over time. Any suggestions? David?
    do you have block off plates??

the flash just disables the AIS and can still leak, if it is popping you have air getting into the exhaust,

usually through the ais system, ive seen lots of plates installed and leak so be sure they are installed correctly
    marthy likes this.

Member #
    Cap off the hose on the airbox... quick fix. Install some block off plates next time you're due for spark plugs.
    Crossbar1773 and Camp49 like this.

Member #
    I've got the hindle with vcyclenut flash as well. A little bit of burbling on decel but never any pops. I installed block off plates though.
    vcyclenut likes this.

Member #

mpg

Quote Originally Posted by veebooster View Post
    I've got the hindle with vcyclenut flash as well. A little bit of burbling on decel but never any pops. I installed block off plates though.
    Curious, how is fuel econemy vs stock exhaust/flash? im getting the flash from him either way... hes been super at responding to me everytime i ask anything.

Member #
    Dave's great. I had zero change in fuel economy (if memory serves me right that is). Always hovered between 40 and 42 mpgs.
    shamrock, vcyclenut and VERSYS8 like this.
    Mods: under seat USB charger, complete OES slider/spool set, evotech rad guard, yoshimura FE, barracuda freccia turn signals (front and back), ASV shorty levers (black w/ gold adjusters), puig dark tinted sport screen, APE CCT, Tripage LED Pegs, Ohlin's rear shock, Akra Ti, gold/smoked stainless brake lines (front and back), PowerMadd hand guards

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Spellicy View Post
    Curious, how is fuel econemy vs stock exhaust/flash? im getting the flash from him either way... hes been super at responding to me everytime i ask anything.

fuel economy is not a parameter I look at when developing a flash. I set the fuel where it needs to be for best performance and throttle response. As many people have shown though a well tuned bike is still an efficient bike and will still get similar fuel mileage depending on the riding conditions.

Member #
    Just got my ECU back and installed, so stoked! I went with the recommended settings and have it start in standard. Combined with a Dominator slip on, my bike is so much more alive. The horrible open/close/open jerkiness is gone and replaced with a nice smooth pull. Still some small popping on decel at lower rpm, but I still have the ais installed (even though it is disabled). Plates coming soon.

Thank you Dave.
    PaulNYC and vcyclenut like this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links