Vcyclenut flash review - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha FZ-09 Forum

Vcyclenut flash review

This is a discussion on Vcyclenut flash review within the Flashed by VCycleNut forums, part of the Vendors category; Just mailed mines in, axious already...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Vcyclenut flash review

Gold Supporting Member bambamrl's Avatar
    Member #
    Just mailed mines in, axious already
    Lateralus and vcyclenut like this.

Member #
    Vcyclenut is a GENIUS! I used A mode (quick turn) for the first time tonight. Quick turn my a--! Should be called "Anti-Gravity"! Wow what an experience.
    vcyclenut likes this.
    2014 FZ-09 - Rapid Red - Flashed by Vcyclenut

Member #
    Got my ecu back from vcyclenut, got it installed yesterday and took the bike out for a quick spin. Only rode on Std and B mode so far. Did notice in Std 0-1% throttle is pretty abrupt especially for stop and go NYC traffic, kinda like the old A mode. In the highway man it so smooth. It could be that i got used to rinding with the old map, guess it time to adapt. In B mode, holy molly is smoother than putting butter on bread. Loving this for rain, passengers, lane splitting. I might send it back to smooth out Std mode 0-1% throttle, but not anytime soon. As others have said it already, Vcyclenuts customer service is awesome. Need to find a spot for his sticker.
    vcyclenut likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FZ09.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    I am going to change my base map a bit and slow the initial throttle down some more for a and std. let the sucker rip in a mode bambamrl
    bambamrl likes this.

Member #
    Yea can't wait, was worried to put it on A mode there was crazy traffic when testing. Had my gear in the washer tday, drying time sux. Was a great day to go out.
    Lateralus likes this.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by vcyclenut View Post
    I am going to change my base map a bit and slow the initial throttle down some more for a and std. let the sucker rip in a mode bambamrl
    I mentioned it in my other thread, but thought I would just put this here since you mentioned it-

I'm not sure how the map works, but I used a program called "Tuneboy" a few year ago which allowed basically manipulation based on RPM and throttle %... I say that to point this out: the abrupt on/off transition is far more noticeable while engine braking around 3-6k rpms. Approaching a stop light I will have the bike at about 6k rpms and be engine braking, the light turns green before I stop and that initial roll is like getting punched! At the lower RPMs it doesn't seem to be quite as bad, although it could still be tamed a bit. Even the "reduced traction" map has a good bit of jerky action in the middle of the rev range while engine braking transitioning into throttle again. However, that map feels buttery smooth under normal acceleration.

Member #
    daves flash is the best money ive spent on my FZ09
    vcyclenut likes this.
    Take my love, take my land, Take me where I cannot stand
    I don't care, I'm still free, You can't take the roads from me.
    Take me out to the black, Tell them I ain't comin' back
    Burn the land and boil the sea, You can't take the roads from me.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by sparker View Post
    I mentioned it in my other thread, but thought I would just put this here since you mentioned it-

I'm not sure how the map works, but I used a program called "Tuneboy" a few year ago which allowed basically manipulation based on RPM and throttle %... I say that to point this out: the abrupt on/off transition is far more noticeable while engine braking around 3-6k rpms. Approaching a stop light I will have the bike at about 6k rpms and be engine braking, the light turns green before I stop and that initial roll is like getting punched! At the lower RPMs it doesn't seem to be quite as bad, although it could still be tamed a bit. Even the "reduced traction" map has a good bit of jerky action in the middle of the rev range while engine braking transitioning into throttle again. However, that map feels buttery smooth under normal acceleration.

that woule be because the motor makes that much more power at that rpm. I believe the torquey nature of the motor is adding to the issue. I never ever hear this with the r6, lol

I also can not use a trick I use with the r6 and r1 to smooth out the reaplication of the throttle as the ecu does not like it. For whatever reason the fz09 ecu has more checks and balances then the r1/r6 ecu.

I do think slowing the initial throttle will smooth it out at all reaplications of the throttle. There is also some bike variability as I am not running a special map in my bike, it is the same as everyone elses, and I do not have this issue.
    sparker likes this.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by vcyclenut View Post
    Holy smokes, A Mode what a rush. Just rode the bike and dayum, saw an empty lane had it i A mode went from 60 to 105 like in 2 seconds, hahaha what a grin in my face. AWESOME. It wasn't for all the cagers and pot holes i would'a kept going.
    vcyclenut likes this.

Member #
    Tried activating cruising at 70 in 5th couldn't get it. How do you get it to activate?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links