upcoming SportRider comparison test w/dyno #'s - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha FZ-09 Forum

upcoming SportRider comparison test w/dyno #'s

This is a discussion on upcoming SportRider comparison test w/dyno #'s within the FZ-07 Forum forums, part of the Yamaha FZ-07 category; My real world experience completely differs from the above statement which is why I made it. I've been to plenty of bike gatherings, even Daytona ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: upcoming SportRider comparison test w/dyno #'s

Member #
    My real world experience completely differs from the above statement which is why I made it.

I've been to plenty of bike gatherings, even Daytona twice. And while there are exceptions, I am sorry but I stick by my statement.

On the simplest of things, It's a very very very rare HD rider that I see wave to a non HD rider. It actually catches me off guard when they wave back, but I still wave.
    Cute Bike, Rice Rocket, when are you going to buy a real bike Etc....
    Are all comments non HD riders get from the guys decked head to toe in HD Swag.

I am the only non HD owner in the group of people I rider with. I obviously don't care what they say but their attitude is a big reason why I won't even consider the brand.
    The second is the cost. I just don't see how they justify it compared to just as good if not better bikes. But they have managed to sucker in all the newbies into spending thousands of dollars after the purchase on chrome and a gallizion things with the HD logo.
    broncsrule21, Steve101 and FZjohn like this.

Member #
    Crosshairs likes this.
    Blazin' Orange FZ-09 My Hooligan toy SOLD
    Black Bandit 1250 2-up Crusier

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Crosshairs View Post
    spend a few weeks on a Harley forum and you will see that almost NONE of them will talk down about sport bikes, hell, most of them also have a sport bike......but spend that same amount of time on a sport bike forum, and you will see plenty of judgmental pricks talking about Harley riders.

Life is too short...I have no time for small minded people.

Life is too short.....That's why I've found it best to accept people As They Are, regardless if I agree with their values and culture, and regardless if their Behavior is up to my expectations or not. Whose to say these guys on Sport Bike Forums aren't spot on about "their" perceptions of Harley Riders. The fact the the Harley forums don't belittle Sport Bikes says nothing about The Moral Fiber of these Harley Guys.

Live and let Live. These guys bashing Harley's have every right...And in their minds they are completely right. Why should this bother you. Who died and left you boss...???

4. Remove Advertisements
    FZ09.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    not going to happen any time soon....I dont see the point in it.
    I don't see the point in turboing a Harley, only to guess at how much hp it added.
    Crosshairs likes this.
    Current Bikes:
    Mine-2015 Yamaha R1- Rapid Red/ Pearl White
    2016 DRZ400SM- Black/Gold
    Son-2014 Honda Grom- Red/Black

Member #
    I will also never forgive HD for dumping Buell, but EBR, now that he is not under the HD umbrella is doing very well.
    The problem is, that killed the best bikes you used to be able to buy at HD dealership.
    Considering how well the 07 and 09s are selling, combined with their competition, AKA the original topic here, HD's management completely missed an opportunity to be raking in a lot of cash from Buell.

But then again, if HD had not dumped Buell [And other life events did not occur] I might not be riding an FZ-07. I'd still own my Buells

Member #
    That actually reminded of something.
    Go onto Buell Forums and read all the horror stories about how Buell Owners and their bikes were treated like crap by HD dealerships. The same dealerships where the customer bought the motorcycle.
    That was one of the biggest things that forced me to work on my own bikes and also to go elsewhere to buy parts.
    Steve101 likes this.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Lusiphur View Post
    That actually reminded of something.
    Go onto Buell Forums and read all the horror stories about how Buell Owners and their bikes were treated like crap by HD dealerships. The same dealerships where the customer bought the motorcycle.

That was one of the biggest things that forced me to work on my own bikes and also to go elsewhere to buy parts.
    I avoid most Yamaha Stealerships in So Florida whenever a good alternative is available.....They're strength isn't in Florida

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Obijack View Post
    I don't see the point in turboing a Harley, only to guess at how much hp it added.
    Not everything I do has a point...
    It was a learning experience.
    I didn't do it to see how much power I could make, I did it to see if it could be done.

Ive never been one to really care about dyno numbers , to me, the dyno is a tuning tool, not a bragging tool.

Ive had plenty of bikes strapped down just to get AFR readings....and the Harley was no different.
    Last edited by Crosshairs; 09-13-2014 at 05:00 PM.

Member #
    Not everything I do has a point...
    It was a learning experience.
    I didn't do it to see how much power I could make, I did it to see if it could be done.

Ive never been one to really care about dyno numbers , to me, the dyno is a tuning tool, not a bragging tool.

Ive had plenty of bikes strapped down just to get AFR readings....and the Harley was no different.

A case of "why not", I can dig it...

I had a turbo bug, it put down ~135hp, but more than that, it was FUN...

to think now I have a bike with 1/2 the engine displacement, and ~115hp... LOL
    Crosshairs likes this.
    "Does this part go in there?"
    2014 Yamaha FZ-09 (Tequila Sunrise)
    2006 Yamaha YZ450F (Brapalina)
    1979 Kawasaki KD 80 (Karen)

Member #
    Lol @ turbo bug
    Current Bikes:
    Mine-2015 Yamaha R1- Rapid Red/ Pearl White
    2016 DRZ400SM- Black/Gold
    Son-2014 Honda Grom- Red/Black

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast