Joined the club today
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha FZ-09 Forum

Joined the club today

This is a discussion on Joined the club today within the Introductions forums, part of the Yamaha FZ-09 News category; After several months of hemming and hawing about selling my SV650 and getting a FZ-09, I finally did it. Picked up the '14 FZ today. ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By KLL
  • 1 Post By KLL

Thread: Joined the club today

KLL
    Member #

Joined the club today

After several months of hemming and hawing about selling my SV650 and getting a FZ-09, I finally did it. Picked up the '14 FZ today. Loving it so far.

IMG_3101 (1).jpg
    blkbrd, thrstrmech and BigBri like this.

Member #
    For as much as you hate letting the SV go, the FZ will easily let you forget it. The triple is intoxicating! And, the aftermarket is at least as good (maybe better?) for the FZ.

Let the modding begin!
    '92 Bandit 400
    '18 MT-09

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    Member #
    Welcome and enjoy.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FZ09.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Welcome! It's a blast!

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
    2015 Matte Grey FZ-09 --- Oxford Heated Grips --- Spiegler S/S Brake lines --- OES Frame Sliders --- OES Front Axle Sliders --- GYTR Rad Guard --- GYTR Windscreen --- Racetech Gold Valves --- Racetech Fork Springs --- ZX6R Rear Shock --- Rizoma Action LED Turn Signals --- Tripage Gold LED Headlamp --- E-Bay Pazzo Knockoff Levers --- Termignoni Carbon Exhaust --- Power Commander 5 --- Yoshimura Fender Eliminator --- Ivan's ECU Flash --- Shad Comfort Seat -- GYTR Quick Shifter

Member #
    welcome to the club, I see you have Buell clubmans...

KLL
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by thrstrmech View Post
    welcome to the club, I see you have Buell clubmans...
    Correct. I’m not sure how I feel about them yet. I sat on a different FZ at a dealership and liked the stock bars and how straight up I was.

When I went to see this bike and saw the bars I thought, hell no. Then I rode it and it wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be. I’ll at least keep them this season and see how I feel next year.
    thrstrmech likes this.

Member #
    I also had the Buell clubmans on mine 'til the carpal tunnel in my right hand/arm had other plans...have the pro taper carmaicheals currently after having a total of six different ones mounted over the past four years, lol

Member #
    I also had the Buell clubmans on mine 'til the carpal tunnel in my right hand/arm had other plans...have the pro taper carmaicheals currently after having a total of six different ones mounted over the past four years, lol
    How do you like the carmicheals? I just ordered the EVO carmicheals and plan to install them friday.

KLL
    Member #
    No carpal tunnel, but I have golfer’s elbow in both arms which causes some discomfort when leaning forward and putting weight on my arms. So I’ll have to see how I do with the current bars.

Member #
    Exact same bike here. Just about to hit 32k miles and it's been great for me. Welcome to the club.

For the others... I'm a fan of my carmichael bars. Helped me brace against the wind more than i expected. I don't feel like the wind is as brutal with the bit further forward of a lean.
    Mods: under seat USB charger, complete OES slider/spool set, evotech rad guard, yoshimura FE, barracuda freccia turn signals (front and back), ASV shorty levers (black w/ gold adjusters), puig dark tinted sport screen, APE CCT, Tripage LED Pegs, Ohlin's rear shock, Akra Ti, gold/smoked stainless brake lines (front and back), PowerMadd hand guards

Sponsored Links