A Good Trade
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha FZ-09 Forum

A Good Trade

This is a discussion on A Good Trade within the Introductions forums, part of the Yamaha FZ-09 News category; I was watching CL, looking for a smaller bike to leave at my business for lunchtime rides, or to run errands on. My other bikes ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By Thirdcoaster
  • 1 Post By Thirdcoaster

Thread: A Good Trade

Member #

A Good Trade

I was watching CL, looking for a smaller bike to leave at my business for lunchtime rides, or to run errands on. My other bikes are a ‘17 Africa Twin DCT, and KTM 250 XC-W.
    I had an old (1993) tunnel hull boat for sale. As chance would have it, a fellow trying to sell a ‘14 FZ-09 was looking to buy or trade for a speed boat. He now owns a 1993 boat, and I have a really nice red FZ with 2100 miles.
    My original short list was for the SV 650 or FZ07, but my test ride on this triple made the decision easy.
    The bike has a tail tidy, but is otherwise stock.
    As a bonus, the P.O. is about my age (mid 50’s), had ridden all of his life (like me), still rides dirt, and we have agreed to do some riding together. That’s probably the best thing about the whole deal.
    Live every day like it’s your last.

Member #
    Congrats on the new bike, I just bought a 2015 with 2400 km. Love it so far.

Member #
    a '14 with only 2k miles?! Show that bike some love and put some miles on it .
    Mods: under seat USB charger, complete OES slider/spool set, evotech rad guard, yoshimura FE, barracuda freccia turn signals (front and back), ASV shorty levers (black w/ gold adjusters), puig dark tinted sport screen, APE CCT, Tripage LED Pegs, Ohlin's rear shock, Akra Ti, gold/smoked stainless brake lines (front and back), PowerMadd hand guards

4. Remove Advertisements
    FZ09.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Sounds like a good trade.

How do you like the DCT on the Africa Twin? Its on the short list of bikes i might buy for commuting.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBisket View Post
    Sounds like a good trade.

How do you like the DCT on the Africa Twin? Its on the short list of bikes i might buy for commuting.
    I was NOT even remotely interested in a DCT bike when I was shopping. A dealership near Houston had a demo unit, but much to my dissatisfaction, it was DCT. I went ahead and rode it, loved it, bought it, and took it home the same day. The DCT works wonderfully on the street, very intuitive. On dirt, and low-speed riding, you have to feather the rear brake instead of feathering the clutch. It takes a few days to gel with it. I have dumped the AT once, but I blame my 28” inseam, not the bike. For a commuter, with a little money spent on wind management, it would be great for a taller guy.
    BigBisket likes this.
    Live every day like it’s your last.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirdcoaster View Post
    I was NOT even remotely interested in a DCT bike when I was shopping. A dealership near Houston had a demo unit, but much to my dissatisfaction, it was DCT. I went ahead and rode it, loved it, bought it, and took it home the same day. The DCT works wonderfully on the street, very intuitive. On dirt, and low-speed riding, you have to feather the rear brake instead of feathering the clutch. It takes a few days to gel with it. I have dumped the AT once, but I blame my 28” inseam, not the bike. For a commuter, with a little money spent on wind management, it would be great for a taller guy.
    I'm even more tempted t buy the Twin now over a FJ-09.

Thanks for the info.

Sponsored Links