Naked of not - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha FZ-09 Forum

Naked of not

This is a discussion on Naked of not within the MT-09 Forum forums, part of the Yamaha MT-09 category; If you ride at high speed for a long time you can change your windscreen for the bigger one from Puig. The copy exists on ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Naked of not

Member #
    If you ride at high speed for a long time you can change your windscreen for the bigger one from Puig.

The copy exists on aliexpress :
    https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/MT-09...856714650.html

I've both of them :

Member #

I really like my Puig Sport screen for the amount of air it deflects (the air is nice and even, no turbulence, just less wind than stock) and for the looks (not too small, not too big). I had a touring screen on and it kept more wind off my chest, but just pushed it up to my helmet, creating more turbulence. +1 on thinking a mini screen improves the looks.
    shamrock likes this.
    "A giraffe's coffee would be cold by the time it reached the bottom of its throat. Ever think about that? No. You only think about yourself."

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by paso1000 View Post
    I really like my Puig Sport screen for the amount of air it deflects (the air is nice and even, no turbulence, just less wind than stock) and for the looks (not too small, not too big). I had a touring screen on and it kept more wind off my chest, but just pushed it up to my helmet, creating more turbulence. +1 on thinking a mini screen improves the looks.
    +1

Same experience on my XVS1300, that mid-size screens tend to create the worst head turbulence. After much experimentation I ended up with two screens: A tall "look-through" for highway/open-face riding, and a small "deflector" style which reduced air pressure on my chest while exposing my head to strong but smooth airflow.

IMO the MT looks best naked, but it only took one 70 mph blast at 5°C to make me order a small 'Puig knockoff' windshield. Now waiting for spring to try it out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links