MT09SP Flashed
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha FZ-09 Forum

MT09SP Flashed

This is a discussion on MT09SP Flashed within the MT-09 Forum forums, part of the Yamaha MT-09 category; I can confirm that the 2018 MT09SP can be reflashed with no problems....

Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By kevxtx
  • 2 Post By kevxtx
  • 3 Post By kevxtx
  • 1 Post By kevxtx

Thread: MT09SP Flashed

Member #

MT09SP Flashed

I can confirm that the 2018 MT09SP can be reflashed with no problems.

thrstrmech and chemita like this.
    2018 MT09SP: Full Woolich Race tools & tune, up/down QS, launch control, pit lane limiter, Shorty clutch lever, Protaper bars, Lithium iron battery, steering damper, Titanium bolts & nuts everywhere, Akra Carbon, R1 front 320mm wave brake rotors, full set Hell brake lines, MT07 Wave rear rotor, R1 tail tidy with 2016 rear axle, R1 indicators, modified ABS rings.

Senior Member TwoWheelObsession's Avatar
    Member #
    Since they didn't change anything in the ECU I should hope so lol

Member #
    The 2018 SP bin file is not on the Woolich system yet but the 2017 works fine as same part number ECU.
    marthy and thrstrmech like this.
    2018 MT09SP: Full Woolich Race tools & tune, up/down QS, launch control, pit lane limiter, Shorty clutch lever, Protaper bars, Lithium iron battery, steering damper, Titanium bolts & nuts everywhere, Akra Carbon, R1 front 320mm wave brake rotors, full set Hell brake lines, MT07 Wave rear rotor, R1 tail tidy with 2016 rear axle, R1 indicators, modified ABS rings.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FZ09.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    I've got the 2018 SP. Exactly what are the options on flashing the ECU and what are the outcomes of it?

Member #
    The ECU's have never been 100% identical between North America and rest of the world. The North American FZ/MT-09's have never had an Immobilizer System.

So you want to make sure any ECU Flash does not screw up the Immobilizer System or you will end up with a motorcycle that won't be going anywhere.

MT09SP Flashed-immobilizer.jpg
    Ride to work, work to ride.

Member #
    All the ECU's are flashed by part number as long as your ECU part number matches the Software bin file you wont have any problems. Once a custom map is built you will have a much smoother ride & a more controllable throttle.

Using Woolich software you can alter, Imaps pressure fuel tables, TPS fuel tables, ignitions, throttle tables progressions for every gear in all modes removing throttle plate top speed limiters in 5th & 6th gears, coolant fan run degrees, closed loop O2 sensor on or off, AIS on or off, speed limiter on or off & so on.

I have finished my STD pipe custom map & am working on my Akra Carbon map at the moment.

Last edited by kevxtx; 04-13-2018 at 06:27 PM.
    andru, thrstrmech and chemita like this.

Member #
    Is there a very noticeable improvement on an MT09SP with a stock exhaust? In what?

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by zunkus View Post
    Is there a very noticeable improvement on an MT09SP with a stock exhaust? In what?
    With new throttles in accel & decel in A, STD & B modes + smoothness gains yes there are improvements even with the STD pipe
    thrstrmech likes this.

Sponsored Links