MT09 2016 ABS + TCS Diagnostic's
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha FZ-09 Forum

This is a discussion on MT09 2016 ABS + TCS Diagnostic's within the MT-09 Forum forums, part of the Yamaha MT-09 category; I have mangaged to get into the bikes ECU diagnostic's to read & clear faults on my 2016 MT09 ABS + TCS using an OBD2 ...

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: MT09 2016 ABS + TCS Diagnostic's

Member #

I have mangaged to get into the bikes ECU diagnostic's to read & clear faults on my 2016 MT09 ABS + TCS using an OBD2 diagnosic's reader, I will post full details this evening.

Anyone with a XSR900 in Brisbane so I can plug into your Diagnostic's for testing, otherwise I will pop past my dealer & check on their demo?
    Last edited by kevxtx; 11-11-2016 at 07:02 PM.
    2018 MT09SP: Full Woolich Race tools & tune, up/down QS, launch control, pit lane limiter, Shorty clutch lever, Protaper bars, Lithium iron battery, steering damper, Titanium bolts & nuts everywhere, Akra Carbon, R1 front 320mm wave brake rotors, full set Hell brake lines, MT07 Wave rear rotor, R1 tail tidy with 2016 rear axle, R1 indicators, modified ABS rings.

Member #
    Ciao Kev, I have the same model as ya and I just ordered my harness a couple od days ago.
    As soon as I receive 'em I' ll test my obd/wifi interface and which (Android) software works for me and report back to you.

Inviato dal mio HUAWEI MT7-L09 utilizzando Tapatalk

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuddu View Post
    Ciao Kev, I have the same model as ya and I just ordered my harness a couple od days ago.
    As soon as I receive 'em I' ll test my obd/wifi interface and which (Android) software works for me and report back to you.

Inviato dal mio HUAWEI MT7-L09 utilizzando Tapatalk
    I made up my own OBD2 to Yamaha connector with the help from Raydiehtor giving me the pin layout.

I used this software http://www.ross-tech.com/vcds/tour/obd-2.html

And this cable, http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/hex-usb+can.php

I do have the OEM version of VAGCOM but they can be bought here. http://www.aliexpress.com/item/VAG-1...4-80d7ff025003
    Last edited by kevxtx; 08-29-2016 at 02:57 AM.
    2018 MT09SP: Full Woolich Race tools & tune, up/down QS, launch control, pit lane limiter, Shorty clutch lever, Protaper bars, Lithium iron battery, steering damper, Titanium bolts & nuts everywhere, Akra Carbon, R1 front 320mm wave brake rotors, full set Hell brake lines, MT07 Wave rear rotor, R1 tail tidy with 2016 rear axle, R1 indicators, modified ABS rings.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FZ09.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    I tested a few OBD testers today & these two work so far.

Make sure you twist the two can wires together if you make your own harness

VAGCOM OBD2 Protocol

Last edited by kevxtx; 03-24-2017 at 04:59 AM.

Member #
    Hand held scanner:

Last edited by kevxtx; 08-29-2016 at 02:24 AM.

Member #
    Thanks for doing the legwork on the scanners Kev. Odd that it's one of the VW/Audi scanners that worked for you on a Japanese motorcycle with a Japanese ECU. Just ordered the Creader V off Amazon. Thought I'd probably get more use out of that since since there are no VW products in my fleet. When I die my kids won't get a whole lot of money but they will inherit a sweet collection of code scanners.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by raydeightor View Post
    Thanks for doing the legwork on the scanners Kev. Odd that it's one of the VW/Audi scanners that worked for you on a Japanese motorcycle with a Japanese ECU. Just ordered the Creader V off Amazon. Thought I'd probably get more use out of that since since there are no VW products in my fleet. When I die my kids won't get a whole lot of money but they will inherit a sweet collection of code scanners.
    No worries a bit help from each other goes a long way, I also ordered in another one off the link I sent you on Sunday off EBay the same model that FTECU recommends for the 2016 ZX10R with their Diag cable, I will try & pop over to the dealer on Saturday & do some tests on the XSR & MT10 to see if we can get into their diagnostic's.

Member #
    Just got the Creader, same model that Kev used on his MT/FZ-09 above and it doesn't read my XSR ECU, "communication error". While attempting to connect it lists all the protocols it is trying, includes "CAN" and a bunch of others. No dice. I'm thinking the XSR is either using an unusual/non-standard protocol (or obscure variant thereof) or my specific ECU just doesn't want to talk to anybody. My ECU is flashed and the CEL light is lit. Maybe the error the CEL is indicating on relates to the ECUs inability to communicate? In other words, somehow related.

Kev - let us know how your tests go with the XSR and MT10.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by raydeightor View Post
    Just got the Creader, same model that Kev used on his MT/FZ-09 above and it doesn't read my XSR ECU, "communication error". While attempting to connect it lists all the protocols it is trying, includes "CAN" and a bunch of others. No dice. I'm thinking the XSR is either using an unusual/non-standard protocol (or obscure variant thereof) or my specific ECU just doesn't want to talk to anybody. My ECU is flashed and the CEL light is lit. Maybe the error the CEL is indicating on relates to the ECUs inability to communicate? In other words, somehow related.

Kev - let us know how your tests go with the XSR and MT10.
    That is a strange one, one would think they would use the same protocol for the newer bikes, I will try & get to my dealer on Saturday & let you know. Have you tried the scanner with the bike running?

Member #
    Yup, tried with not running and running, no good.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links