MT09 2016 ABS + TCS Diagnostic's - Page 3
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha FZ-09 Forum

MT09 2016 ABS + TCS Diagnostic's

This is a discussion on MT09 2016 ABS + TCS Diagnostic's within the MT-09 Forum forums, part of the Yamaha MT-09 category; Originally Posted by bobby walnuts if i had to guess - the '16 mt abs uses a different ecu to the prior years, flash-tune likely ...

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: MT09 2016 ABS + TCS Diagnostic's

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by bobby walnuts View Post
    if i had to guess - the '16 mt abs uses a different ecu to the prior years, flash-tune likely was not aware of this and assumed they were all the same, thus there is only one flash file (based on the prior ecu) for '14-16 mt abs. unknowingly allowing one to flash the newer ecu with the old ecu flash data and locking out diagnostics in the process.
    You are correct mate the 2016 ABS + TCS like the XSR900 run a different ECU protocol + new emission control parameters, & would agree this sounds feasible to be the reason. The closed loop parameters have change quite a bit with A/F ratio checks during the warm up faze until 60 degree C they have added a finer parameter for the sensor voltage range before it logs a fault, unplugging the O2 sensor will now bring up a fault & put the engine light on in the dash.

Flash tune as usual very quick in their responses have said to untick the fault within the Diagnostic Code Manager & flash the ECU, Unfortunetly this feature is not available for the 2016 MT09 ABS + TCS at the moment, hope it comes out soon as the 2016 MT no longer allows you to clear codes from the dash & now cant clear the fault codes via the OBDII 4 pin connector anymore since the flash.
    Last edited by kevxtx; 09-09-2016 at 06:11 PM.
    2018 MT09SP: Full Woolich Race tools & tune, up/down QS, launch control, pit lane limiter, Shorty clutch lever, Protaper bars, Lithium iron battery, steering damper, Titanium bolts & nuts everywhere, Akra Carbon, R1 front 320mm wave brake rotors, full set Hell brake lines, MT07 Wave rear rotor, R1 tail tidy with 2016 rear axle, R1 indicators, modified ABS rings.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by kevxtx View Post
    I can confirm that after reflashing my 2016 MT09 ABS + TCS I am no longer able to access the diagnostics on my bike, looks like there is a glitch in the flash.
    But the bike runs fine?
    The TCS still works?

What about the engine light? Is it on?

I have a friends 2016 MT-09 to flash, but maybe I will wait a little for FTecu to sort this..

What do you think?

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceMaker View Post
    But the bike runs fine?
    The TCS still works?

What about the engine light? Is it on?

I have a friends 2016 MT-09 to flash, but maybe I will wait a little for FTecu to sort this..

What do you think?
    The engine light is on because I educed a fault code, flashed the bike then tried to clear the fault code & can no longer do so with my scanner & have no entry into the dash anymore as Yamaha have closed that door on the MT09 16 model, the reason I tried this was to help another forum member with the diagnosis on his XSR900 to see if the bike or the flash was the problem for not been able to enter the diagnostic's.

Bike runs fine, no problems with TCS or ABS, I have already applied all my settings from my previous 2014 & 15 maps to the 16 model. I have been talking to FT directly & am sure a solution will be found soon, there are many of us that have been waiting for this map.

We need these items added to the 2016 ABS + TCS Flash Tune map.

Ability to turn the O2 sensor off
    Turn off injector cut
    Turn off the AIS valve
    To have access to the diagnostics or to add the Diagnostic Code manager to the map.
    Last edited by kevxtx; 09-10-2016 at 12:03 AM.
    2018 MT09SP: Full Woolich Race tools & tune, up/down QS, launch control, pit lane limiter, Shorty clutch lever, Protaper bars, Lithium iron battery, steering damper, Titanium bolts & nuts everywhere, Akra Carbon, R1 front 320mm wave brake rotors, full set Hell brake lines, MT07 Wave rear rotor, R1 tail tidy with 2016 rear axle, R1 indicators, modified ABS rings.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FZ09.org
    Advertisements

Member #

I made up my own cable, connector front view:

Make sure you twist the two can wires together if you make your own harness

Heya Kevxtx, great thread, thanks.

Your wiring diagram shows 4 pins connecting, but the photo has an extra three. I assume that they're not needed for reading/clearing codes, are they for flashing or power to the reader?

Member #
    Correct the other 3 wires are not for this mod & are spare wires for other protocols K & L + ignition key on signal.
    Last edited by kevxtx; 09-21-2016 at 03:29 AM.

Member #
    Got the el-cheapo reader from your post Kevxtx, made up a connector and it works a treat on my '16 XSR900

Engine light came on after a spirited run that saw me caught in a thunderstorm, local (Hobart) dealer wouldn't book me in till 7/10 to get it a scanner on it.

WTF? At the time 3 weeks just to read a stored code.

It was an EGO sensor error, cleared it and now all good. Hasn't returned so far.

Well done mate, great thread.

Member #
    Nice one mate, it took a combined effort of a few people to get there.
    Mauro_Octaviano likes this.

Member #
    I know this is probably the wrong forum but does anyone know off hand if fault codes can be read using the above method on a 2016 mt-07 tracer. Currently the engine, tc and abs lights are on all the time. The bike is crash damaged and repaired so dealers won't touch it.

I already have a few diagnostic interfaces including Renault clip, Delphi ds150, elm327 ( 3 different ones) , opcom/vauxcom, kkl lead, Lexia 3 and a handheld D900 so hoping I might be able to use one of them.

Any help gratefully received.
    Last edited by marks152; 09-29-2016 at 08:49 AM.

Member #
    Cant see why it would not work.

Member #
    Cant see why it would not work.
    I've made a patch lead to go from 16 pin standard DLC to 4 pin Yamaha this morning. Unfortunately I've not been able to test it yet. I plan on testing next week. Any idea if any of my interfaces will work. The only ones that support hs-can are Delphi ds150, opcom, vauxcom, elm327 wireless, Lexia and clip.

However clip, opcom, vauxcom, delphi and Lexia 3 require manual vehicle identification. Where as elm327 and d900 search all protocols rather rather than single protocol based on vehicle selection. It might just be a case of using say Lexia 3 and selecting a vehicle that uses hs-can to access the codes. This is something I can play around with.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links