How to install APE CCT. - Page 18
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha FZ-09 Forum

How to install APE CCT.

This is a discussion on How to install APE CCT. within the Yamaha FZ-09 Guides and How-To's forums, part of the Yamaha FZ-09 Garage category; Mine is still the stock one at 7K ...!!!...

Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
Like Tree229Likes

Thread: How to install APE CCT.

Member #
    Mine is still the stock one at 7K ...!!!
    Last edited by abe57; 02-16-2016 at 03:37 PM.
    srech77 likes this.
    King-Of-Bee's

Member #
    I just hit the 7k miles and started to make some noise .but ive read some where there was a recall for that .anybody know anything about thia recall . Im planning on calling the dealer thia week but if they have no info i will be buying the the manual adjuster.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by marthy View Post
    Because it would be too easy. The whole thing about hydraulic tensioner is that they are suppose to adjust themselves. As soon as the chain pick up some slack the oil psi push the tensioner out. So if there's anything... the oem tensioner constantly put pressure on the chain for no reason. The manual cct is pretty much a long bolt and a jam nut. About as basic as a hammer and chisel! LOL But it work!!! IMO it doesn't add pressure to the chain on acceleration and when the bike get on decel (this is when the back side of the chain get under tension) it simply laid against the chain guide.
    It kind of ,make sense what tunnelvsion says .my bike make the noise while idleling and low rpm below 3000 id say but ones i take off above 4k or 5k rpm noise seems to go away .im guessing chain gets tighter.dont you think so IMP oem tensioner might just back up a bit so chain doesnt get stretch too much .i mean its just a theory .but if you havent have any problems with the one you install .what i said doesnt make sense lol

4. Remove Advertisements
    FZ09.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    There's few different version if the CCT from Yamaha. Looks like its a hit of miss thing... some are ok and some still makes noise after a while.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Member #
    I got mine today .ill try to install it tomorrow .hopefully everything goes smothly.
    marthy likes this.

Gold Supporting Member
    Supporting Member
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by esrcombia View Post
    I got mine today .ill try to install it tomorrow .hopefully everything goes smothly.
    Just follow Marthys directions and be sure you see post #55 (by dcppf) for an important tip.
    I installed my APE many miles ago and it has been so quiet that a few months ago, during an oil change, I opened up the side cover to check the tension------guess what-----no adjustment needed!
    Last edited by shamrock; 03-15-2016 at 01:21 PM.
    marthy and esrcombia like this.
    "There is a grey blur and a green blur so I try to stay on the grey one"-------Joey Dunlop

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by marthy View Post
    When I did it the engine wasn't on the timming mark when it skip a tooth, it was a major PITA to line everything up.

The timming mark are NOT at TDC but at some odd degree before or after, can't remember on top of my head. That required the removal of the gas tank, airbox, valve cover and radiator. There's 2 timming mark on the cams and the one on the LH side through the little hole.

The thing is, an inline 4 stay in balance while at TDC because of everything happen at 180 deg interval. The triple does it every 120 deg. It was quite a lot of work to line up everything in synch with each other... $hit was moving around a lot! I consider myself a bit above average mechanic... and it was difficult even for me. So I can imagine for someone with minimum tools and understanding to get in deep as I had to do...

So believe me, wedging a set of pliers make thing much easier...
    i remember just when the noise started in the "cam chain" i was taking off and felt like something move but not the bike it was like when the clutch slips ,so now I'm afraid that it wasn't the clutch but the cam chain ,is there a way to determinate if it was either the clutch or the cam chain,please help i was about to do the mod now since i am off and gotta go to work tomorrow and i commute in my bike everyday.
    thanks foe the help.

Member #
    Could someone (or a couple people) post up a pic of their APE CCT installed? Curious as to what the final height of the adjuster looks like coming out of the CCT .... would imagine they should all be nearly the same, but just wanting to check and verify.

thanks in advance
    Last edited by srech77; 03-21-2016 at 03:17 PM.
    esrcombia likes this.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by srech77 View Post
    Could someone (or a couple people) post up a pic of their APE CCT installed? Curious as to what the final height of the adjuster looks like coming out of the CCT .... would imagine they should all be nearly the same, but just wanting to check and verify.

thanks in advance
    Check youtube i was looking for the same thing and i looked youtube and i think i saw one showing what you want to see.i will try to upload one as well .but its about half inch of thread showing from top of retainer nut.but im show its deff depending bike mileage.

Member #
    check it out my bike has about 6500 miles.hope it helps.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How to install APE CCT.-fz09-cct.jpg  
    srech77 likes this.

Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links