Vcyclenut Flash = All Smiles
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha FZ-09 Forum

This is a discussion on Vcyclenut Flash = All Smiles within the Vendor Reviews / Links forums, part of the FZ-09 Classifieds category; I got my freshly flashed ECU back into the bike today and went for a 50 mile shake down. In a word I am very ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Vcyclenut Flash = All Smiles

Member #

I got my freshly flashed ECU back into the bike today and went for a 50 mile shake down.

In a word I am very pleased with the result.

The bike now has a just tuned up feel. Remember the old cars with V8 engines that were not running bad, but after installing new points and plugs they felt like a new car again? Very similar feel with the ECU flash. The engine is really crisp now.

David claims around 4hp increase and I believe it. The bike is running the strongest it ever has and I still have the stock exhaust.

The 3 throttle maps I chose were: Quick turn, The stock A, and Smooth. I used to always ride in stock A mode before the flash. The other 2 maps were totally worthless to me. Now with the new flash all three are very usable. I gotta tell ya that the quick turn is my favorite. It is smooth off of idle but when it starts to ramp up you better hang on. Total hoot. Stock A mode is just as it was before the flash except the bike now has more snap. The smooth mode is just that...very smooth. A linear delight and would be the mode of choice at the track.

A word of caution here: If you like to do wheelies, and I do, smooth mode is the mode to use. I did a couple wheelies in quick turn and it was a little scary. The front end comes up really fast. It could definitely dump you if you are not careful. That being said I will still ride in quick turn most of the time. Also it's a great mode if your wrist is tired cuz you don't have to do much twisting to get things happening really fast! EEEE Haaaaaaa!

Well after the 50 miles in the twisties I headed home on the freeway. This was where I could really feel the extra horse power. You want to pass a car in quick turn mode? Just a little twist of the right hand and they are looking small in your rear view!

On the freeway above 80 was where I felt the stock FZ09 was a little anemic. Not so much now, and with a full pipe, I imagine, it would pull even harder.

So I have only one question...why did I wait so long?

If you have been riding the fence as I was, I believe it is time to come down, man up, and get it done. You will not be disappointed.

Thanks David for a great product at a bargain basement price. Would love to take a ride with you if you did not live soooooooooooo far away.
    Cookin Wid Gas

Member #
    I ended up sending mine back to get a couple changes and all I can say is he did the changes and returned it the same day....THATS customer service......I 1000 times recommend his flash all 3 modes are now different.....I got a stock, std smooth and b reduced traction.....oh and mine is now unlimited.....best bang for your buck with this guy.....$80 isn't gonna kill anyone.....
    vcyclenut likes this.

Member #
    Awesome
    vcyclenut likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FZ09.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Your statement is completely, 100%, and totally incorrect.

I am very pleased with the result is seven words. Not "a" word. =P

But yes Dave's flash is absolutely awesome. I got reduced tracking B, smooth STD, and quick turn A. I find quick turn completely obsoletes the original stock A mode (at least as far as I can tell).
    vcyclenut likes this.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by weaponzero View Post
    Your statement is completely, 100%, and totally incorrect.

I am very pleased with the result is seven words. Not "a" word. =P

But yes Dave's flash is absolutely awesome. I got reduced tracking B, smooth STD, and quick turn A. I find quick turn completely obsoletes the original stock A mode (at least as far as I can tell).
    I was trolling for a math or English major with that statement...looks like I landed one! Lol.
    Last edited by Hawkerjet; 10-23-2014 at 07:29 PM.
    Cookin Wid Gas

Member #
    Thanks for all the kind words gentleman!!

Glad everyone is so happy. I really did put a lot of effort, thought and time into the flash and it obviously shows
    24v and DECON BLUE like this.

Member #
    Its always nice to feel you got what you paid for alot of the time the in the motorcycle world the aftermarket is over stated so its always good to see people pleased with a product and a company. RR
    DECON BLUE and vcyclenut like this.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by redrider View Post
    Its always nice to feel you got what you paid for alot of the time the in the motorcycle world the aftermarket is over stated so its always good to see people pleased with a product and a company. RR
    Wish I could say the same about Ftune. Not bad but deeply regret dumping $350.00 for that.

Might take a ride to the West side over the weekend...
    vcyclenut likes this.

Member #
    VCycleNut find is best bang for the buck mod here.
    DECON BLUE likes this.

Member #
    Several of us from the Gulf side, are meeting up in Nov. to have our bikes re-flashed, in Bradenton......when Dave is in the area, it will save us the longer ride, down to Fort Myers.
    DECON BLUE and vcyclenut like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links