Poll: How Do You Feel About Loud Pipes?
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha FZ-09 Forum

This is a discussion on Poll: How Do You Feel About Loud Pipes? within the FZ-09 News forums, part of the Yamaha FZ-09 News category; 'Loud pipes save lives' and 'the louder it is the faster it is' are all phrases you’ve probably heard before, but for a lot of ...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Poll: How Do You Feel About Loud Pipes?

Sponsored Editorial Content
    Supporting Member
    Member #

'Loud pipes save lives' and 'the louder it is the faster it is' are all phrases you’ve probably heard before, but for a lot of people – particularly the non-riding public – loud exhausts prove to be obnoxious. Which camp do you find yourself in?
    Read more about the Poll: How Do You Feel About Loud Pipes? at Motorcycle.com.

Member #
    on my Harley I have louder than stock pipes but they are not full open ear shattering pipes. I have had a lot of compliments from non riders on the sound.

on my FZ pipes are stock and will probably remain that way
    taoshum likes this.
    2009 HD FXD
    2016 Yam FZ09

Member #
    That poll does not have enough choices... I like a little louder pipe. Some of the ones out there I've heard a just ridiculous loud. Not sure why but I get embarrassed to be near them.
    darryls.net likes this.
    Just a dude that lives in the DFW area...

4. Remove Advertisements
    FZ09.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkulaTX View Post
    That poll does not have enough choices... I like a little louder pipe. Some of the ones out there I've heard a just ridiculous loud. Not sure why but I get embarrassed to be near them.
    I was on the patio at the pub the other day (in a strip mall type complex where there are concrete walls everywhere to resonate sound) and some douche canoe gets on his straight piped s1000rr and starts bouncing it off the rev limiter. The entire patio started booing him, it was great. All of our ears were ringing for a while after
    DrunkulaTX likes this.
    2016 FZ 09 Black -- VCN Tuned -- FlashTune Quickshifter -- Akrapovic Carbon Exhaust -- K&N Air Filter -- Graves Block Offs -- GPR V4 Steering Dampener -- APE CCCT -- Watsen front/rear flush mount LEDs -- Graves fender eliminator/tail tidy -- Rizoma flush tail light -- 47 tooth RS7 rear sprocket and 1000cc chain -- Speedohealer -- OES Frame sliders -- EvoTech Rad guard -- CRG RC2 Shorty Levers -- USB charger mod and RAM mount -- Knock off CRG Arrow Mirrors

Member #
    I dont mind the loud pipes, it's the revving at the light that annoys the shit out of me lol. No offense to harley riders, but it seems like 100% of them do this at a light. What gives lol.
    Dainese Stripes EVO tobacco jacket for sale!! See classifieds ad. Brand new and perfect match for the XSR900!!

WWW.YOUTUBE.COM/HALOHALOS for FZ09/XSR900 diy related vids (with a dash of drone, tech gear) on the side

Member #
    I think excessively loud exhausts sound terrible on anything and I hold as much contempt for obnoxious bikes as I do for guys who want to put Cherry Bombs on their cars. I think about the way my dad's Mustang GT sounded. Loud enough to appreciate it, you could easily hear music over it, even with the top down, and it still had a nice, deep V-8 rumble.

As far as my FZ goes, I think it's plenty loud enough. Like I said earlier, I appreciate a deep, throaty engine sound, though. If I could drop the sound an octave or two, I'd be very happy.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_py View Post
    I dont mind the loud pipes, it's the revving at the light that annoys the shit out of me lol. No offense to harley riders, but it seems like 100% of them do this at a light. What gives lol.
    It's to help their Harley's from stalling, lol.

+1 guys who rev the engine at stop light are idiots, and guys who bounce the rpm's off the rev limiters are complete morons.

Poll: How Do You Feel About Loud Pipes?-harley.jpg

Or is it because they are deaf???
    Ride to work, work to ride.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    Member #
    "Murvil" TN.......18 miles from Deals Gap
    Here's a quote for y'all.........

"If Loud pipes save lives, just imagine what learning to ride the thing would do!"

PS.....I have to give credit to PJ's Parts store for coming up with that, as they sell (or did sell) an orange T-Shirt with that saying on it!
    "If it ain't fast...........It ain't fun"!

Vern........ Sportbike Track Time Southern Region Lead Intermediate Instructor (Retired)

Member #
    I like loud exhausts, but I don't like the tickets that go along with clearly broadcasting your throttle inputs to everyone in a mile radius. I could care less about the noise pollution, though.

Sometimes I would like to be able to rev at people to get their attention.
    Evol likes this.

Member #
    This must be a spam post, I"ve seeing this topic across different forums lol
    Dainese Stripes EVO tobacco jacket for sale!! See classifieds ad. Brand new and perfect match for the XSR900!!

WWW.YOUTUBE.COM/HALOHALOS for FZ09/XSR900 diy related vids (with a dash of drone, tech gear) on the side

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links