Poll: How Do You Feel About Loud Pipes? - Page 6
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha FZ-09 Forum

Poll: How Do You Feel About Loud Pipes?

This is a discussion on Poll: How Do You Feel About Loud Pipes? within the FZ-09 News forums, part of the Yamaha FZ-09 News category; Nobody respond to this undercover LAPD... I love my stock pipes and emissions regulations!...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Poll: How Do You Feel About Loud Pipes?

Member #
    Nobody respond to this undercover LAPD... I love my stock pipes and emissions regulations!

Member #
    I hate noise. Would like it even quieter

Member #
    Had "slightly loud" pipes on my XVS1300. Not loud enough to get dirty looks... just enough to make my tinnitus worse even today as I type this.

Throw in some AC/DC competing for attention through the factory stereo speakers, and it's a wonder I can still hear at all.

Never again. Stock exhaust from now on, with earplugs on longer rides.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FZ09.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    There is a difference between loud and noisy pipes for me. One has to define loud. Some of the Harleys is just plain noisy... it sounds CRAP!! Then there are loud pipes that do sound "pleasant".... My MT 09 has a full Akro unbaffled ... it is loud but not noisy... just sweet music!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by hugojose View Post
    I hate noise. Would like it even quieter
    Sounds like you're in the market for an E-Bike
    emptyohnine and MT09FAN like this.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by MT09FAN View Post
    There is a difference between loud and noisy pipes for me. My MT 09 has a full Akro unbaffled ... it is loud but not noisy... just sweet music!
    I must say that noisy is a relative term. There was a time I loved my Bandit with pod filters and Yosh RS3 oval can. The intake honk was intoxicating. No more though. And I will say, riding all day behind a rider with a "noisy" exhaust is draining.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by ridetofish View Post
    I must say that noisy is a relative term. There was a time I loved my Bandit with pod filters and Yosh RS3 oval can. The intake honk was intoxicating. No more though. And I will say, riding all day behind a rider with a "noisy" exhaust is draining.
    Agreed for sure!! But a bike making sweet music... Some evenings I hear a bike on the highway ... with a QS - not load and not soft... just right... In 10 years time I may start to complain about this LOL:!!

Member #
    An awesome loud sound is an important part of the bike experience for me. That and the acceleration are pretty much equal.
    I will put my hands up - I love the pops and crackles. I had it on my Speed Triple R with a lowboy arrow exhaust and on my RS3.
    Both now sold and I miss it.
    However, am getting my new bike ECU'd on Saturday and I will - this time - choose the flash option keep the AIS on which prevents the bangs.
    It will be loud enough with an Akra with baffles out.

Revving at a stop. I LOVE the sound of the bike. It's lovely to hear that engine roar but I might do it only once or twice and not every time. Only a quick blip , honest.

Member #
    Actually, I have had a Staintune/Remus exhaust can on almost every bike I've owned. Love that sound.

But on this MT-09 RedHead, I'll keep it stock - because I LOVE hearing the sound of the intake sucking every bit of air it can upon opening the Throttle.

I can't get enough of it.

I am old enough to remember the late 60's & 70's when a fella could reverse the air intake lid to get more air to the engine.

That same sound of mill sucking air in was just as addictive then as it is now.

YMMV
    hANNAbONE
    Versailles, IN - where 421 & 50 kiss

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by hANNAbONE View Post
    Actually, I have had a Staintune/Remus exhaust can on almost every bike I've owned. Love that sound.

But on this MT-09 RedHead, I'll keep it stock - because I LOVE hearing the sound of the intake sucking every bit of air it can upon opening the Throttle.

I can't get enough of it.

I am old enough to remember the late 60's & 70's when a fella could reverse the air intake lid to get more air to the engine.

That same sound of mill sucking air in was just as addictive then as it is now.

YMMV
    Strange, I can't say I have even ever heard this on my MT-09. Maybe you are just more tuned to it.

The best intake sound I ever had, by far, was on my beloved Lancia Delta Integrale Evo2 - Sounded like a jet engine spooling up.
    My mate when next to me in his car said it sounded mad as I passed him - like all air in the universe is being sucked into the engine.
    Damn, I miss that baby.
    hANNAbONE likes this.
    2019 Yamaha MT-09 SP
    Matching solo seat cowl
    Billet levers
    Carbon frame infil
    Fender extenda

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Sponsored Links