Michelin Road 5
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha FZ-09 Forum

Michelin Road 5

This is a discussion on Michelin Road 5 within the FZ-09 Wheels & Tires forums, part of the Yamaha FZ-09 Garage category; Anyone tried these? There are some great reviews on Youtub. I'm thinking of these instead of Roadtec 01's now....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Michelin Road 5

Member #

Michelin Road 5

Anyone tried these? There are some great reviews on Youtub. I'm thinking of these instead of Roadtec 01's now.
    '14 MT 09
    Andreanni Cartridge kits
    Nitron Road and Track Shock
    Givi screen
    Renthal McGrath bend Bars.
    V1+YaV1 Licence protector
    Givi Soft bags w/ fabricated mounts.
    SW Motech Quicklock Tankbag.
    Kevxtx O2 Controller.
    Custom Chain Oiler
    El Cheapo Chinese levers.

Member #
    I'm using them. Not a whole lot of tire experience, but they feel great to me.
    LouG likes this.

Member #
    The wife is using them on her Ninja 650. She really likes them and the wet grip is phenomenal. She's tried (unsuccessfully) to activate the front ABS a few times in the rain from about 50 to 60 km/h. Not sure about longevity though, but they are holding up nicely so far with almost 10,000 kms on them.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
    LouG and valvestem like this.
    2015 Matte Grey FZ-09 --- Oxford Heated Grips --- Spiegler S/S Brake lines --- OES Frame Sliders --- OES Front Axle Sliders --- GYTR Rad Guard --- GYTR Windscreen --- Racetech Gold Valves --- Racetech Fork Springs --- ZX6R Rear Shock --- Rizoma Action LED Turn Signals --- Tripage Gold LED Headlamp --- E-Bay Pazzo Knockoff Levers --- Termignoni Carbon Exhaust --- Power Commander 5 --- Yoshimura Fender Eliminator --- Ivan's ECU Flash --- Shad Comfort Seat -- GYTR Quick Shifter

4. Remove Advertisements
    FZ09.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by blkbrd View Post
    The wife is using them on her Ninja 650. She really likes them and the wet grip is phenomenal. She's tried (unsuccessfully) to activate the front ABS a few times in the rain from about 50 to 60 km/h. Not sure about longevity though, but they are holding up nicely so far with almost 10,000 kms on them.

I figured she would like them...

Anyway, I agree they have amazing grip both wet and dry but they didn't last for me on my Versys......they are fine on the 650 but no good on the 1000...but, in their defence, I did subject them to 2800 miles of torture so I am giving them another go and will be mounting a new set in a few days.

remember this pic from March ..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Michelin Road 5-2018-03-28-19.09.16.jpg  
    blkbrd, LouG and valvestem like this.
    2014 FZ09 Mods> Ivans ECU Flash....... Penske 8983....... GP fork piston kit.......Woodcraft Frame Sliders....Woodcraft Axle Sliders ...Woodcraft Engine guards...Chinese spools...
    Spiegler SS brake lines .....APE CC tensioner .....Antigravity AG-801 Battery......tripage LED headlight.......tripage LED pegs ...Watsen Design front turn signals..and some other stuff I dont feel like listing

Member #
    No experience with the Michelin Road 5 but I just finished my 2nd riding season on the Metzeler 01 - about 7500 miles. They are amazing tires, with exceptional dry/wet handling. What's more amazing is the back tire still has 60% tread and the front looks new.
    LouG, Crosshairs and valvestem like this.
    1965 Triumph Bonneville, 1968 Honda Cl350, 1972 Yamaha XS650, 1982 Yamaha XS650, 1999 Triumph Legend TT, 2004 Kawasaki Z750S, 2008 Yamaha FZ1, 2008.5 Yamaha FZ1, 2015 Yamaha FZ-09

Member #
    I had got these for this season put a good 5K miles on them and still look brand newish. See no wear in them at all. Loving the wet and dry grip. Id say they are defiantly worth a try. Now I use mine for a daily commute and the weekends I ride a little rougher and have done nothing but excellent for me.
    LouG likes this.

Member #
    That's pretty much unanimous then.
    Dmueller15 and Crosshairs like this.
    '14 MT 09
    Andreanni Cartridge kits
    Nitron Road and Track Shock
    Givi screen
    Renthal McGrath bend Bars.
    V1+YaV1 Licence protector
    Givi Soft bags w/ fabricated mounts.
    SW Motech Quicklock Tankbag.
    Kevxtx O2 Controller.
    Custom Chain Oiler
    El Cheapo Chinese levers.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by meinschaft View Post
    No experience with the Michelin Road 5 but I just finished my 2nd riding season on the Metzeler 01 - about 7500 miles. They are amazing tires, with exceptional dry/wet handling. What's more amazing is the back tire still has 60% tread and the front looks new.
    The Roadtec 01s are fantastic tires,,I've run through 3 sets on my Versys 1000 and I just put a set on my Tiger 1200..... pay no attention to the rest of the bike, the suspension is off getting upgraded....

Attached Images Attached Images
    LouG likes this.
    2014 FZ09 Mods> Ivans ECU Flash....... Penske 8983....... GP fork piston kit.......Woodcraft Frame Sliders....Woodcraft Axle Sliders ...Woodcraft Engine guards...Chinese spools...
    Spiegler SS brake lines .....APE CC tensioner .....Antigravity AG-801 Battery......tripage LED headlight.......tripage LED pegs ...Watsen Design front turn signals..and some other stuff I dont feel like listing

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by meinschaft View Post
    Hi;
    Experience I've had with metzeler is GOOD ride.. Using Michelins now but going back for the smooth ride.
    Hve fun and ride safe you All!!!!
    Crosshairs and LouG like this.

Member #
    I'm on the Road 5's.
    Looking at those with lots of KMs, the sides wear if you spend a lot of time in the twisties.
    Best for mostly distance / commuting with weekend / occasional fun rides.
    Timemachine likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links