Nick at stoltec, what an exceptional guy, and excellent customer service.
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha FZ-09 Forum

This is a discussion on Nick at stoltec, what an exceptional guy, and excellent customer service. within the FZ-09 Performance & Suspension forums, part of the Yamaha FZ-09 Garage category; I'm new to this forum and didn't even know about stoltec untill i bought my mt-09. The first time i talked to him was for ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Nick at stoltec, what an exceptional guy, and excellent customer service.

Member #

I'm new to this forum and didn't even know about stoltec untill i bought my mt-09. The first time i talked to him was for a half hour and he didn't even try to sell me anything. i was asking him about my headshake. he said to actually increase my spring preload. i had it set a little tight according to him, to get more weight on the front he suggested 42mm in front and 38mm in rear. I raised the forks in the clamps 5mm from flush as well. If anybody disagrees or found a better setup, give it up yo.

Member #
    That Nick dude knows what’s up, fo’ sho’!
    ridetofish and Crossbar1773 like this.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregpow View Post
    I'm new to this forum and didn't even know about stoltec untill i bought my mt-09. The first time i talked to him was for a half hour and he didn't even try to sell me anything. i was asking him about my headshake. he said to actually increase my spring preload. i had it set a little tight according to him, to get more weight on the front he suggested 42mm in front and 38mm in rear. I raised the forks in the clamps 5mm from flush as well. If anybody disagrees or found a better setup, give it up yo.
    What year is your bike and is this stock suspension? What are you running for compression (if you have it) and rebound?

4. Remove Advertisements
    FZ09.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    It's a 2018, stock suspension. I weigh 175. I have sag 42 front, 38 rear, and both front clickers about 6 clicks out. Thanks
    astcyr likes this.

Member #
    Nick is always there to help, and really cares about bikes and the people that ride. Not just a vendor.

Gold Supporting Member
    Supporting Member
    Member #
    Nick is a stand up guy that knows what he's doing.
    A few years ago he helped me with some settings before I ever bought anything from him so I donated fifty bucks to his kid charity thing.
    ridetofish, VERSYS8 and Gregpow like this.
    "There is a grey blur and a green blur so I try to stay on the grey one"-------Joey Dunlop

Member #
    that was very nice of you, is the charity thing on his website somewhere?? I told nick i will find something to buy from him, i wanted to buy fork springs and oil but he talked me out of it for now. He is one of a kind, every other business would say " oh you need to buy this and this to fix your problem".
    Last edited by Gregpow; 06-12-2019 at 09:37 AM.

Member #
    Yup, great experiences with him as well. He's helped me a number of time with one off replacements, and even though he's a very busy guy, he always finds time to get back with me. I will continue to refer all of my FZ07 and 09 buddies to him and buy from him when opportunities arise.
    Mods: under seat USB charger, complete OES slider/spool set, evotech rad guard, yoshimura FE, barracuda freccia turn signals (front and back), ASV shorty levers (black w/ gold adjusters), puig dark tinted sport screen, APE CCT, Tripage LED Pegs, Ohlin's rear shock, Akra Ti, gold/smoked stainless brake lines (front and back), PowerMadd hand guards

Gold Supporting Member
    Supporting Member
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregpow View Post
    that was very nice of you, is the charity thing on his website somewhere?? I told nick i will find something to buy from him, i wanted to buy fork springs and oil but he talked me out of it for now. He is one of a kind, every other business would say " oh you need to buy this and this to fix your problem".
    Nothing on his site and he never mentioned it.
    If I recall it was Christmas toys that came up in some other conversation. He was quite passionate so just ask him. It would be appreciated for sure.

Several years ago one of the girls at Core Moto sent me some crush washers and asked nothing in return so I donated $25 bucks to the local animal shelter in their name.
    A year or so later, at the AIM show, I visited their booth and introduced myself. All of a sudden this smoking hot 20 something remembered the donation and all I can say now is that it was the best lap dance I ever got. It was probably just a hug but in my mind it was worth it!
    Last edited by shamrock; 06-12-2019 at 06:12 PM.
    Niner and Gregpow like this.
    "There is a grey blur and a green blur so I try to stay on the grey one"-------Joey Dunlop

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by shamrock View Post

Several years ago one of the girls at Core Moto sent me some crush washers and asked nothing in return so I donated $25 bucks to the local animal shelter in their name.
    A year or so later, at the AIM show, I visited their booth and introduced myself. All of a sudden this smoking hot 20 something remembered the donation and all I can say now it that it was the best lap dance I ever got. It was probably just a hug but in my mind it was worth it!
    Pics, or it didn't happen.
    shamrock, Gregpow and OldSchlPunk like this.
    ◾◾◾ 2016 XSR900 ◾◾◾

I don't always drink beer... But when I do, I make up for the times that I don't.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links