K-Tech Razor-R Lite or K-Tech Razor-R
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha FZ-09 Forum

This is a discussion on K-Tech Razor-R Lite or K-Tech Razor-R within the FZ-09 Performance & Suspension forums, part of the Yamaha FZ-09 Garage category; So I am in the market of buying a new rear shock. I am going to go for the K-Tech but don't know which to ...

Thread: K-Tech Razor-R Lite or K-Tech Razor-R

Member #

So I am in the market of buying a new rear shock. I am going to go for the K-Tech but don't know which to buy. The only difference between the Razor-R and Razor-R Lite is that the Razor-R has compression adjustment. I have been riding for about two years with the factory rear shock and this is my first sport bike and i definitely notice that the rear suspension is lacking for my weight. I am wondering if spending an additional $300 for just compression adjustment would be worth it. I know buying either is going to be a night and day difference but would having compression adjustment really be a huge difference for $300.

Member #
    Yep, go for comp adjustment. Some cheaper shocks combine rebound and comp adjustment which can be a pain if you want to fine tune them.
    '14 MT 09
    Andreanni Cartridge kits
    Nitron Road and Track Shock
    Givi screen
    Renthal McGrath bend Bars.
    V1+YaV1 Licence protector
    Givi Soft bags w/ fabricated mounts.
    SW Motech Quicklock Tankbag.
    Kevxtx O2 Controller.
    Custom Chain Oiler
    El Cheapo Chinese levers.

Member #
    I have the Razor Lite. I don't do track days but do ride rather spirited in the twisties. Is it perfect? No, but it is lightyears better than stock and I'm not sure that the compression adjustment was worth the $300 extra for me.
    '92 Bandit 400
    '18 MT-09

Sponsored Links