Fuel remapping........?
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha FZ-09 Forum

Fuel remapping........?

This is a discussion on Fuel remapping........? within the FZ-09 Performance & Suspension forums, part of the Yamaha FZ-09 Garage category; Hello gents. I have a 2019 Yamaha mt09. Absolutely love it. I am going to put a Yoshimura r77 full exhaust and down the road ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Fuel remapping........?

Member #

Fuel remapping........?

Hello gents. I have a 2019 Yamaha mt09. Absolutely love it. I am going to put a Yoshimura r77 full exhaust and down the road I will add a k&n filter. That’s all. I will probably run the Yoshimura with the baffle in for a while. I haven’t ridden a lot lately and don’t plan on it due to my work schedule. When I add the k&n I will definitely do a remap. My question is out of 3 of these options what are some pros and cons. I’m really considering only these 3 options. Thank you in advance.

Dynojet Power Vision 3 Yamaha FZ-09 / MT-09 2014-2019 $399.99
    Dynojet Power Commander V Yamaha FZ-09 / MT-09 $356.96
    Take ECU out and send it off $???.??

Member #
    Take the ECU out and have it tuned, there are a few great places to deal with on here. This beats your options 1&2 any day.
    shamrock likes this.
    2017 Yamaha FZ-09Modified

Member #
    #3...the other two options are a waste of $$$ and shop around for who/where you send it to
    shamrock likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FZ09.org
    Advertisements

Member #

Member #
    In reference to the OP's question, Ive used Ivan in the past to flash a few bikes with excellent results. Just picked up a 17 with an M4 exhaust. It pops a bit on decel as well. I don't think it'll harm the engine at all is it's probably fuel cut causing the lean condition but wanted to know what you guys recommend for flashing. Drivability of the 17 seems to be pretty good.

Who do you foks prefer, vcycle or Ivan and why? I've had good results with Ivan in the past and am not familiar with vCycle and would love to know what the differences are. I know that Ivan does a ton of R&D on his bikes before releasing the mappings and I've always felt pretty confident with his work but if there is a plus to vcycle I'd consider it as well.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by gerdawg View Post
    In reference to the OP's question, Ive used Ivan in the past to flash a few bikes with excellent results. Just picked up a 17 with an M4 exhaust. It pops a bit on decel as well. I don't think it'll harm the engine at all is it's probably fuel cut causing the lean condition but wanted to know what you guys recommend for flashing. Drivability of the 17 seems to be pretty good.

Who do you foks prefer, vcycle or Ivan and why? I've had good results with Ivan in the past and am not familiar with vCycle and would love to know what the differences are. I know that Ivan does a ton of R&D on his bikes before releasing the mappings and I've always felt pretty confident with his work but if there is a plus to vcycle I'd consider it as well.
    Dave (Vcyclenut) is on this forum quite regularly and is a sponsor. He has provided lots of info and support for anyone who has purchased from him. There are countless posts from happy customers after getting their ecu flashed by him. His initial cost is also less for the ECU flash but provides more options also... My .02 cents.
    kevxtx likes this.

Member #
    Haha, another advertising thread for vcyclenut!

I've never ran Ivan's, but so long as vcycle is an option I never will. Dave has been nothing but great to me personally, and this forum in general.
    Mods: under seat USB charger, complete OES slider/spool set, evotech rad guard, yoshimura FE, barracuda freccia turn signals (front and back), ASV shorty levers (black w/ gold adjusters), puig dark tinted sport screen, APE CCT, Tripage LED Pegs, Ohlin's rear shock, Akra Ti, gold/smoked stainless brake lines (front and back), PowerMadd hand guards

Member #
    Another vote for vcyclenut/Dave. I have his latest Woolich flash on my XSR and it's excellent. Throttle mapping is seamless, zero pop on decel. No experience with Ivan's flash, though I've heard plenty of good things about his work.
    kevxtx likes this.
    2016 XSR900 60th Anniv

Member #
    Vcyclenut, Ivan, and fuel moto. Do your research on these 3 and choose. Cant go wrong with either but, "fuel moto" has my vote!
    2017 Yamaha FZ-09Modified

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by gerdawg View Post

went with my buddy, a local here in Phoenix...3+ years of his flash with three different exhaust system on my 2015, absolutely no issues. like I said, do some research other than this forum to get an unbiased opinion on who to go with. also check out some postings on facebook as there are some folks not happy with the flash they got ... just saying

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links