Good riding pants?
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha FZ-09 Forum

Good riding pants?

This is a discussion on Good riding pants? within the FZ-09 Gear & Accessories forums, part of the Yamaha FZ-09 Garage category; As the title says, anyone have a pair of riding pants that they love and would recommend? Back in my sport bike days I used ...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Good riding pants?

Member #

Good riding pants?

As the title says, anyone have a pair of riding pants that they love and would recommend? Back in my sport bike days I used to sport a full competition weight leather suit with back protector (and it saved my skin more than once on some track days). But now I am all street and I have a nice textile riding jacket and motorcycle boots, but have been wanting to get a pair of riding pants. I am not really looking for leather just a nice pair of purpose built jeans or textile pants with padding in the appropriate areas. I have searched a bit on different sales sites and never seem to find a pair that has really good reviews. So I am turning to my fellow FZ09ers to point me in the right direction. I appreciate the help.
    Current Bike: 2019 MT09 Team Yamaha Blue

Member #
    I have a pair of Spidi riding jeans, they're CE armoured and have flex panels in the crotch area. Some of us need extra flex there.

Great pants for summer riding.
    Sarg33 and kiwiinoz like this.
    '14 MT 09
    Andreanni Cartridge kits
    Nitron Road and Track Shock
    Givi screen
    Renthal McGrath bend Bars.
    V1+YaV1 Licence protector
    Givi Soft bags w/ fabricated mounts.
    SW Motech Quicklock Tankbag.
    Kevxtx O2 Controller.
    Custom Chain Oiler
    El Cheapo Chinese levers.

Member #
    I wear Knox's Buxton jeans. Removable CE-rated armour in the knees and hips so when you get to work you don't have to walk around bent-legged all day. The jeans themselves are made of a combination of spectra and cordura for friction reduction. I've unintentionally crash tested these and while my pelvis was unavoidably destroyed, my legs otherwise didn't suffer so much as a scratch.

They are on the heavier side, great for cooler days, but not uncomfortable in the summer either. Knox makes other versions of it too, one may have better airflow. I think the particular item I wear was replaced with either the Richmond or Dalton line but both look to be nicely appointed.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FZ09.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by LouG View Post
    Some of us need extra flex there.
    By that he means Kiwis.

I originally rode (in the city) with regular jeans...one little brush with a concrete barrier and resulting jean explosion caused me to transition to ATGATT and nothing but leathers.

Now I'm starting to think about armoured riding jeans for light and easy duty. If I ever have to consider whether I'd want to ride somewhere on the basis of having to put up with leather pants (which don't have much flex!) then it might be worth reconsidering whether exclusively-leather is the way to go.
    LouG and kiwiinoz like this.
    2015 Silver Blue MT-09 ABS, Puig Touring Windshield, Kriega tailbag, RAM phone mount, Yamaha comfort seat, R&G rear hugger, Akrapovic Ti, Mustard Bikes Tail Tidy, Blaster-X, GP 25mm Cartridges, Penske 8983 shock, Givi 3D600 Saddlebags

Member #
    If you go w/ jeans make sure they're Kevlar lined in all the impact areas and slide areas. I ride in them most of the time. If I'm going on longer runs I'll put on my Klim gear for extra protection. The Klim doesn't look right but flows air well and much better protection than jeans. I'f I'm riding an area hard I still have a pair of leathers I'll use.
    https://designcostello.com/

2017 Yamaha FZ 09
    2016 BMW FG800GS
    2012 Yamaha FJR
    2009 Yamaha FZ1
    2002 Yamaha RoadStar 1600
    1986 Yamaha FJ1200
    1982 Yamaha YZ 125
    1981 Yamaha Virago 750
    1974 Yamaha MX 125
    1973 Yamaha GTMX 80

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubris2 View Post
    By that he means Kiwis.

I originally rode (in the city) with regular jeans...one little brush with a concrete barrier and resulting jean explosion caused me to transition to ATGATT and nothing but leathers.

Now I'm starting to think about armoured riding jeans for light and easy duty. If I ever have to consider whether I'd want to ride somewhere on the basis of having to put up with leather pants (which don't have much flex!) then it might be worth reconsidering whether exclusively-leather is the way to go.
    I used to be ATTGAT, but as I get older I can't take overheating too well, so the jeans are a good compromise. Excellent when matched with a vented summer jacket.
    kiwiinoz likes this.
    '14 MT 09
    Andreanni Cartridge kits
    Nitron Road and Track Shock
    Givi screen
    Renthal McGrath bend Bars.
    V1+YaV1 Licence protector
    Givi Soft bags w/ fabricated mounts.
    SW Motech Quicklock Tankbag.
    Kevxtx O2 Controller.
    Custom Chain Oiler
    El Cheapo Chinese levers.

Member #
    I have a couple of pair off Cycle Gear Ironworks jeans. Sometimes the store does not have what you want but can get them online so Check online for them and if you order and find they don't fit right you can take them directly to the a store if one is in your area. Even if you do not order just looking can be educational to see what brands are available and features of each. Spend the time so you make a good choice.

Example; I wanted a Joe Rocket jacket. Never saw one in their local store. I ordered it online. It fit well. If I had gotten the wrong size I would not have to mess with shipping it back and simply could have taken it to the store for a refund, then went back online and ordered the correct size. I figured no risk or hassle.
    Bill
    Current Bikes: 1989 Honda Hawk GT, 2014 FZ-09. Prior Rides:1997 VFR750, Rare 1987 Honda VFR400R (Grey Import), 86 SRX600#2, 77 RD400#2, CTX700N, 88 Super Magna, 79 CB650, 04 VFR800, 88 Hawk GT#1, 89 Hawk GT#1, RD400#1, 1979 750sx triple, SRX600#1, HD1200C, HD883R, Savage 650, VLX600, Nighthawk 450, cb400, CB550F, H1 500 triple, R69US, R5C, Cb160, HD 250 Sprint, 1950 HD PanHead/sidecar, 1941 HD Knucklehead 74 was my first bike 1963.

Member #
    I just bought Oxford Men's SP-J3 Kevlar Jeans and they seem pretty decent, and they come with removable knee pads.
    -Akra full exhaust
    -Vcyclenut flash
    -Graves block off plates
    -billet rear sets
    -billet rear reservoir
    -Evotech rad guard
    -Antigravity battery
    -Rizoma bars
    -Gilles adjustable risers
    -LED front signals
    -Motodynamic sequential rear light
    -Yoshi fender eliminator
    -Evotech pillion removal kit
    -Driven Racing Halo gas cap
    -Luimoto seat cover
    -Spiegler front and rear braided brake lines
    -KT Moto HID headlight with Halo.
    -K Tech Razor R shock and Racetech gold fork valve

Member #
    I use hornee jeans. Ride most days. Lasted about 8 years or so.
    Quite thread bare now but can’t bring myself to chuck em
    Kevlar and nice relaxed fit.
    Some jeans here in Oz look like they should be warn by the nursing home clientele (over 70’s)
    Zero fashion sense.
    I also have a two piece leather set and a one piece race suit.

Best race suit I ever owned was a dianese Scott Russel Replica suit.
    You USA lads should know him.
    Green yellow black pink leathers. Awesome.....

Member #
    i just got a pair of klim outrider pants, pretty good for on and off the bike... they kind of look like carharts, but i can still wear them to the office. i also wear a pair of joe rocket jeans that i like a lot, but the jean and the liner make them a very warm pant so not really great for those hot summer days

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links