Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

mt09 doing 222kmh (137mph) no speed limiter?

30K views 22 replies 21 participants last post by  PegasusJockey 
#1 ·

What do you think guys, is it no speedlimiter on some mt09 markets.

Very sorry for my bad english.

Nice forum btw!

Greetings from Sweden!

Attachments

See less See more
1 1
#2 ·
Hey, Neg.
I suspect it's speedometer error. I doubt that Europe specs. would vary in that regard. To me, it's how fast you get to 132. I was on the Tail of the Dragon two days ago, arguably the best motorcycle twisties road anywhere, and probably did not exceed 75 on any of the straights. Of course I did not buy my 09 for top speed, but for acceleration and fun in the twisties.

#15 ·
That would have been Moto Ed...right?

#4 · (Edited)
The guy in the video is very entertaining! I also really dig his honesty...He flat out says he is not experienced enough(or crazy enough) to push the bike to its full limits. Gotta appreciate that. Thanks for the link!

Reactions: Josh
#7 ·
This was a great review. Honest, concise, and entertaining. That guy had me in stitches. I watched the entire video.

I remember when I was 16, and moved from my Honda 360 to my CB750 and I felt about the same. (and that was only going from 33hp to about 68hp) If he's coming off a Honda NC700, he was probably blown away. I wonder if the dealer that let him demo the bike ever saw his video? Awesome work!

#13 ·
That was fun!
I enjoyed his comments and it's always neat to see where other people ride.
I would love to take him on a Supermoto ride in the mountains------he would------how do you say it?------oh yeah-----crap in his pants!!
Seems like a cool guy so I hope he will share something else with us in the future.

#18 ·
Most entertaining, had me laughing also and wanting an FZ-09. I enjoyed the commentary more than any video on this bike so far and especially the fact that there was no overpowering music, just his constant banter and honest responses to the machines characteristics, well done...Mark

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.