o2 sensor after flash on xsr
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha FZ-09 Forum

This is a discussion on o2 sensor after flash on xsr within the XSR900 General Discussion forums, part of the Yamaha XSR900 Cafe Racer Forum category; I'm going to be getting a flash soon, and am a little confused about what to do with the o2 sensor plug at the midpipe ...

Thread: o2 sensor after flash on xsr

Member #

I'm going to be getting a flash soon, and am a little confused about what to do with the o2 sensor plug at the midpipe . I know the ais system will be disabled with the flash and the sensor is not needed..but..do I have to screw it back in to avoid the dreaded check engine light ? Or am I ok to screw in the plug that came with the aftermarket exhaust ? And disconnect the sensor at the connector port ? Obviously the warning light is what I'm looking to avoid at all costs...I've read conflicting info on this on different tuners Web pages. I know it's ok to remove it on the fz. But the xsr is a whole other beast when it comes to that diagnostic light. Any info is appreciated. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Member #
    Whoever is doing your flash should answer those questions. We have no idea what he is doing with the code.
    2014 FZ09 Mods> Ivans ECU Flash....... Penske 8983....... GP fork piston kit.......Woodcraft Frame Sliders....Woodcraft Axle Sliders ...Woodcraft Engine guards...Chinese spools...
    Spiegler SS brake lines .....APE CC tensioner .....Antigravity AG-801 Battery......tripage LED headlight.......tripage LED pegs ...Watsen Design front turn signals..and some other stuff I dont feel like listing

Member #
    what I'm asking is..if the o2 is disabled in the flash, is it it ok to remove the sensor on the exhaust..or does it need to stay plugged in..regardless of "code".. or will it throw a warning light. I know its different on fzs and xsrs ..so maybe someone who has an xsr with a flashed ecu might know what I'm referring to..

4. Remove Advertisements
    FZ09.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    If the tuner disables the O2 sensor in his ECU re-flash, then not having the sensor probably won't trip the check engine light. If that's the case, then just put the plug in and remove the O2 sensor. But as mentioned already, you really need to email or talk to the ECU tuner to see what he says about using the O2 sensor or not with the re-flash.
    Last edited by XSR-900; 01-11-2017 at 03:25 AM.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Siens View Post
    what I'm asking is..if the o2 is disabled in the flash, is it it ok to remove the sensor on the exhaust..or does it need to stay plugged in..regardless of "code".. or will it throw a warning light. I know its different on fzs and xsrs ..so maybe someone who has an xsr with a flashed ecu might know what I'm referring to..
    if its disabled then yes, you can unplug it and remove it without fear of an engine light.
    2014 FZ09 Mods> Ivans ECU Flash....... Penske 8983....... GP fork piston kit.......Woodcraft Frame Sliders....Woodcraft Axle Sliders ...Woodcraft Engine guards...Chinese spools...
    Spiegler SS brake lines .....APE CC tensioner .....Antigravity AG-801 Battery......tripage LED headlight.......tripage LED pegs ...Watsen Design front turn signals..and some other stuff I dont feel like listing

Sponsored Links