What came in the mail today? - Page 73
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha FZ-09 Forum

What came in the mail today?

This is a discussion on What came in the mail today? within the FZ-09 General Discussion forums, part of the Yamaha FZ-09 Forums category; Originally Posted by nqnguyen2 Thanks for your reply. I'm seriously concerned about the lack of quality of chinese parts. Rearsets are not something I want ...

Page 73 of 73 FirstFirst ... 2363717273
Like Tree649Likes

Thread: What came in the mail today?

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by nqnguyen2 View Post
    Thanks for your reply. I'm seriously concerned about the lack of quality of chinese parts. Rearsets are not something I want to fail. Do you have any concerns of the parts holding up over time? What about the bearings and wearing out vs woodcraft sets?

So your tip is to loctite everything before installing. Any other tips you can think of?
    They seem more than solid enough, they're made from billet and the stock rearsets are cast so if anything I'd expect the china rearsets to be stronger. When the bearings do wear out the worst that's going to happen is a bit of slop develops in the brake / shift pedals but I don't expect that will become an issue.

My woodcraft clipons have also faded worse than any of my other china ebay CNC pieces too so just because it's more expensive doesn't automatically mean the quality is any better. I also feel much more ripped off about the woodcraft clipons as for the money one would expect them to be hard anodized not cosmetic anodized like the china stuff...

Member #
    Yes. Take every bolt apart/out and loctite and put back together. These sets come without any instructions so watch this video. There's a lot of "Where does this go?" without it...

They feel good, puts my feet in a better position, so I'm not dancing on the pegs. Looks good and don't feel cheap. Make sure you have a good set of Allen wrenches, the stainless bolts are soft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    How'd the install go for you? Fairly smooth?

Hope you don't mind giving a ride report after 1000 miles. I've been seriously considering the ebay rearsets.
    I have had mine on for almost 10,000 miles on them and not a single hitch !!
    King-Of-Bee's

4. Remove Advertisements
    FZ09.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by DeepArmourMT09 View Post
    They seem more than solid enough, they're made from billet and the stock rearsets are cast so if anything I'd expect the china rearsets to be stronger. When the bearings do wear out the worst that's going to happen is a bit of slop develops in the brake / shift pedals but I don't expect that will become an issue.

My woodcraft clipons have also faded worse than any of my other china ebay CNC pieces too so just because it's more expensive doesn't automatically mean the quality is any better. I also feel much more ripped off about the woodcraft clipons as for the money one would expect them to be hard anodized not cosmetic anodized like the china stuff...
    Isn't that the truth. I was waiting for a while for someone in China to copy the woodcraft setup lol, it sure is a lot less complicated than rearsets haha. But I couldn't wait so I went ahead and went with the woodcraft. lol
    WWW.YOUTUBE.COM/HALOHALOS for FZ09/XSR900 diy related vids (with a dash of drone, tech gear) on the side

Member #

Sent from my iPhone over the
    '05 CBR600RR sold
    '15 GROM sold
    '14 Ninja 300ABS track
    '16 FZ-09

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Agwag View Post

So jealous man. I'm waiting until next month to get the woodcraft clipons except I'm going for the 1.5".

Member #
    So jealous man. I'm waiting until next month to get the woodcraft clipons except I'm going for the 1.5".

Just a heads up, I got the 1" option, using the up position it does not clear majority of windscreens if you have one installed, I have a 6" and a 14.5" height, I had to modify the 14.5" to allow the reservoir to clear it on full left turn.

Down position, bars without grips are 1/4" from fuel tank full turn, originally I wanted to go down but it's not possible to clear cables unless your willing to re route everything. So I went with up, full video of my FZ09 projects on my YouTube/AGWAG

Good luck

nqnguyen2 likes this.
    '05 CBR600RR sold
    '15 GROM sold
    '14 Ninja 300ABS track
    '16 FZ-09

Member #
    Good to know. I also have the 1" riser and was thinking about flipping them over...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    What came in the mail today?-img_1606.jpgWhat came in the mail today?-img_1607.jpg
    Spottedfrog likes this.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by capebay23 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1606.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	95.8 KB 
ID:	103609Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1607.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	83.7 KB 
ID:	103617
    You are going to like those CRG Arrows, Awesome view and solid as a rock. I got 2 because I didnt know how good the visibility was, but if I had to do it over, I now know I could get a better view from 1 arrow than from both the stock mirrors!
    '16 FZ-09: Akrapovic Carbon Exhaust, GYTR air filter, Ivans ECU reflash, Spiegler braided stainless steel brake lines, Galfer HH pads, Fabbri Gen-X fly Screen, CRG leavers, CRG Arrow Mirrors, Targa fender eliminator, LighTech Integrated Turn Signals, Rizoma tail light, Vortex V3 fuel cap, Sargent Seat, XSR slipper clutch, Stoltec/Penske-triple clicker 8987, Stoltec GP25, Tripage Gold LED headlight.

Page 73 of 73 FirstFirst ... 2363717273

Sponsored Links