Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha FZ-09 Forum

Do you want ABS or a fairing? Yami wants to know!

This is a discussion on Do you want ABS or a fairing? Yami wants to know! within the FZ-09 General Discussion forums, part of the Yamaha FZ-09 Forums category; I called Yamaha today. Specifically asking for them to bring the ABS FZ-09 model to the US. I was told IF I sent a letter ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By jaydub757
  • 1 Post By triplethreat
  • 1 Post By fz1cmac

Thread: Do you want ABS or a fairing? Yami wants to know!

Member #

Do you want ABS or a fairing? Yami wants to know!

I called Yamaha today. Specifically asking for them to bring the ABS FZ-09 model to the US. I was told IF I sent a letter to Yamaha Corporate asking for that they would do it if they get enough requests. I don't know the exact number of requests they need but my letter went out today. I was also told if I want to see something new that I should ask for that too, so I asked for an FZ-09 with a full fairing, ABS, traction control, and heated grips (FJR8). So my strong suggestion is send them a letter if you want something. Probably more likely to see it come here if they make it already for another country. I was told all letter should be sent to:

Yamaha Motor Corporation
    6555 Katella Ave.
    Cypress, CA 90630
    ATTN: Legal Deaprtment

This helps me too, so thank you.
    Rick

Member #
    Do you think all of this would keep the price at $8,000?
    Don.B likes this.

Member #
    "Murvil" TN.......18 miles from Deals Gap
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydub757 View Post
    Do you think all of this would keep the price at $8,000?
    ABS along is usually around $1000 to $1100 over the cost of the bikes that doesn't have it. I'm definitely old school and really do not want ABS on any of my bikes. As far as a fairing goes, have to say nope on that too. Windscreens, flyscreens, small add on fairings, luggage............all that stuff should be in the accessory options list, in my opinion. That way, the cost of the bike can be kept at a great price point and if someone needs or wants all the accessory type stuff, then they can purchase it separately......or come out with a completely separate model with all the bells and whistles on it and call it a "FZ 09 Touring" or whatever.
    Don.B likes this.
    "If it ain't fast...........It ain't fun"!

Vern........ Sportbike Track Time Southern Region Instructor

Member #
    I never suggested the $7999 FZ-09 should no longer be offered, not do I want that. Of course options cost more money and some can't be accessories like ABS and traction control. Also some of us are willing to pay for them. In Europe the FZ8 and FZ1 both come in faired and naked versions, with or without ABS. It would be great to have those kind of options here.

Member #
    "Murvil" TN.......18 miles from Deals Gap
    jeepinoutwest wrote:
    It would be great to have those kind of options here.
    I agree with that, as long as they don't "make" you buy the add-ons as part of the bike purchase. Part of the issue here in the U.S. though is that motorcycling is not nearly as popular as it is in Europe and because of that, they get more options, color choices, etc.
    "If it ain't fast...........It ain't fun"!

Vern........ Sportbike Track Time Southern Region Instructor

Member #
    nah, i really don't want the ABS. i want the flyscreen option under "accesories" though. something just big enough to punch a hole in the air to create a bobble-head free bubble of anti-turbulance. oh yeah and a carbon can to bring her down to sub 400lb zone.
    triplethreat likes this.

Member #
    All of these things listed as options would be awesome! I think that they should definitely keep the naked bike as an option, and I am with triplethreat for adding a few "Comfort Packages" to the lineup that would include the screen, heated grips, ABS, and traction control. I hate when manufatures add all kinds of things to a bike that most people are going to take off, i.e. fairings, windscreens, and the like. They could market the naked as a street fighter, and the full fairing bike as a touring bike that has the ergos and options to make it a long hauler.

Links