Riding Experience Poll - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha FZ-09 Forum

Riding Experience Poll

This is a discussion on Riding Experience Poll within the FZ-09 General Discussion forums, part of the Yamaha FZ-09 Forums category; hmm ...for 30 years until 3 years ago... dirt/farms/bushtrails and occasionally "this weirdly hard packed 'gravel track' that ran from my house to the nearest ...

View Poll Results: How long have you been riding?

Voters
733. You may not vote on this poll
  • First Year

58 7.91%
  • 1 - 2 Years

49 6.68%
  • 2 - 5 Years

107 14.60%
  • 5 - 10 Years

112 15.28%
  • 10 - 15 Years

93 12.69%
  • 15 - 25 Years

82 11.19%
  • 25 - 65 Years

231 31.51%
  • 65 + Years

1 0.14%
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Riding Experience Poll

Member #
    1.5 hours south of Sydney, NSW, Australia
    hmm ...for 30 years until 3 years ago... dirt/farms/bushtrails and occasionally "this weirdly hard packed 'gravel track' that ran from my house to the nearest bush trail about 3 mins away" .. strange roa.... errrr track that was .. soft angle kerb.... errr gutters... errrrr ummm 'berms' at the edges , all the chicane bends in it to 'slow traffic' at the edge of the suburb ... on a bike there was a clear line about 1.5m wide straight through the centre of the roa.... track! ... slowed me down not a whit!! ... just the edges made any difference for cars .. and now that i think on it .. some really ultra cool engineer type put this big speedhu..... errrr tabletop jump!! about halfway along too.... once i had finally progressed to the old XR350 ownership ... that whole 2min section was just a WOT blast with a little bumpy bit in the middle....

.... lucky it was 'just a track' eh! ... and no member of the public or their property was ever harmed or impinged upon! ..

ooops.. edit... last 3 years been road riding on my GS500F ... since my knees started to complain loudly about bush track blitzes!

Member #
    interesting results so far. with so many highly experienced prospective buyers, yammie out to sell as many as they can make, eh?
    odd categorization on this poll, though. 25-65, really?!
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerousdan View Post
    this poll makes it like we are all old timers !
    Last edited by trackdaze; 07-21-2013 at 06:16 PM.
    Leather up, rubber down
    "Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…" — Hunter S. Thompson

Member #
    24 years street, 10 years dirt, 3 years roadrace gsxr 1000
    2004 Hayabusa Streetfighter: 2008 front end, 1397 Kit, Bazzaz QS/TC, Yosh RS-3 Carbon, Race Tech valved forks

4. Remove Advertisements
    FZ09.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Looks like a lot of very experienced riders here! I fully expect some good reviews of this bike now

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    Member #
    "Murvil" TN.......18 miles from Deals Gap
    As soon as I get the bike home,, the stock tires are coming off and a set of Dunlop Q3s are going on. Next destination......Deals Gap to thoroughly check out the lean angle clearance and drive out of the corners. I've got a friend that owns US129 Photos on the Dragon Photos - Deals Gap Photos - Tail of the Dragon Photos and will see about him shooting some pics of me going through some corners.
    4Nines likes this.
    "If it ain't fast...........It ain't fun"!

Vern........ Sportbike Track Time Southern Region Lead Intermediate Instructor

Member #
    You're my idol!!

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Nines View Post
    You're my idol!!
    Nah.......I'm just a guy that loves riding and Instructing and am fortunate enough to live close to one of the best roads in the entire country.........318 turns in 11 miles should offer some feedback about performance and handling and how the suspension will be stock..........at least for a 195 lb fella.

Member #
    Do they police that road really well? I would assume that there is always a cop around or do they allow people to "enjoy" the road?

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    Member #
    It kind of depends. Weekends obviously have a lot more traffic and "referees" around. Usually after a bad crash or a fatality accident, patrols are stepped up a bit. Weekdays are of course the best times to go up on the hill and of course, Oct. Nov. time frame will get you lots of room to .....ah, ahem, uh........ride a bit more of a spirited ride. I really never ride too hard up there though, as I've explained before.......just one mistake, either on your part or the other guys, and you either go OVER the mountain, or INTO the mountain.........neither of which have a happy ending most of the time.

Member #
    I know how that goes! I race up a pretty steep road every year and luckily I've been able to keep the sticky side down. I've gotta make it out there one of these days and run that road

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links