Major Recall coming for FZ-09, FJ-09 FZ6R, Super Tenere, R6 - Page 3
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha FZ-09 Forum

Major Recall coming for FZ-09, FJ-09 FZ6R, Super Tenere, R6

This is a discussion on Major Recall coming for FZ-09, FJ-09 FZ6R, Super Tenere, R6 within the FZ-09 General Discussion forums, part of the Yamaha FZ-09 Forums category; Originally Posted by Fizzerpilot Attachment 14694 The Assy #8 thanks pilot. boy am I glad I have the 2014 right now...may god have mercy on ...

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: Major Recall coming for FZ-09, FJ-09 FZ6R, Super Tenere, R6

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Fizzerpilot View Post
    Attachment 14694

The Assy #8
    thanks pilot. boy am I glad I have the 2014 right now...may god have mercy on all the poor bikes that are going to be handled by the "certified" dealer techs.

Member #
    Yeah, they still got crappy CCTs, and the ECU will end up flashed by Vcyclenut anyway, because it is just that much better than stock... BUT, this is a crummy recall... Id never trust my dealer with my bike, and major surgery like this. Id buy the part, and get to work.

Member #
    For those in the SF Bay Area, the Yamaha dealer in Petaluma has an older, ace mechanic who's the only one I'd be comfortable with opening my bike. My Warrior had to have a transmission gear replaced on recall which necessitated splitting the cases. Since the engine was apart I bought HC pistons, a taller Roadstar fifth gear and had the top end completely thermal barrier and friction coated. The mechanic put it together on Yamaha's dime and I've never had a problem with the motor, including no pinging with the HC pistons. I have no connection with that dealer and don't even use him because he's far away and his dealer charges $115/hr. Luckily I dodged this recall.
    Last edited by 1duckyboy; 03-26-2015 at 07:57 PM.
    ryderjay and DTM74 like this.
    When I was fast, motorcycles were slow.
    Now motorcycles are fast and I'm slow.

"Black is the only color for a motorcycle, unless you want to sell it, then paint it red."
    Melvin "Swede" Dunlap, 1966.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FZ09.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by waltzoi View Post
    Is this something we can do ourselves? Smooth out edge of piece? I am going to check shop manual tonight to see what's involved.
    If the part is improperly made and has an edge, which we do not know what or where, just smoothing out the part (Do you have a good part to compare to?), will not fix an internal fault and the part may still fail. You might have the part magna-fluxed or dye penetrate tested, Then you will have a hundred bucks or so in a part the factory will replace for free.
    If the recall is true, which I think it is, we will have to wait and see what Yamaha does. My bike is in the recall zone, it is not a big deal. They will fix it and I will be satisfied or I will start writing letters.

Also if the recall is a "don't ride" type BMW and Razor had, I'm thinking loaner bike. Sure I'll take that R1 for a few weeks.

If you look at the recalls the big buck bikes have gone through this is minor. The transmission is cassette it think and the cases should not have to be split, I hope, correct me if I'm wrong.

Ride Safe.
    Last edited by alnbama; 03-26-2015 at 08:20 PM. Reason: content/ spelling
    ridetofish and Nickel like this.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by 1duckyboy View Post
    For those in the SF Bay Area, the Yamaha dealer in Petaluma has an older, ace mechanic who's the only one I'd be comfortable with opening my bike. My Warrior had to have a transmission gear replaced on recall which necessitated splitting the cases. Since the engine was apart I bought HC pistons, a taller Roadstar fifth gear and had the top end completely thermal barrier and friction coated. The mechanic put it together on Yamaha's dime and I've never had a problem with the motor, including no pinging with the HC pistons. I have no connection with that dealer and don't even use him because he's far away and his dealer charges $115/hr. Luckily I dodged this recall.
    I took my R6 there when I was stationed in Petaluma since I couldn't do any vehicle work at my apartment complex. That dealer has a great service department, and I HATE letting other people service my bikes. Normally i do it all myself except tires, which I just take the wheel in. So for me it's saying a lot that I would allow them to work on my bike. That being said, it's a Recall so any issues afterward would be on yamaha if the dealer fd up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Think I'm safe..

RN33E~004361
    '14 Blazing Orange FZ09
    '13 Lightning FAST KTM 450XCF

Member #
    Last edited by hr1nut; 03-26-2015 at 09:27 PM.

Supporting Vendor knobbyaddiction's Avatar
    Member #
    Here is the letters that dealers are getting on this.

marthy, Rideittor, ktk_ace and 2 others like this.
    2014 Blazing Orange FZ-09, White FZ-07 on order.

Member #
    Thanks, I'll share that in the other 6R house.
    6R: 988
    09: 234

Doing ok here.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by 1duckyboy View Post
    K&B motorsports? I bought my bike there

2017 Husky 701 SM
    2016 Suzuki GSX-S1000

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links