Selecting the Correct Section....When Starting a New Thread.....
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha FZ-09 Forum

This is a discussion on Selecting the Correct Section....When Starting a New Thread..... within the FZ-09 General Discussion forums, part of the Yamaha FZ-09 Forums category; It seems lately that I have been spending a lot of time moving threads that are posted in the wrong section of the Forum. The ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Selecting the Correct Section....When Starting a New Thread.....

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    Member #
    "Murvil" TN.......18 miles from Deals Gap

It seems lately that I have been spending a lot of time moving threads that are posted in the wrong section of the Forum. The General Discussion Section is a great "catch-all" for a lot of topics, but that is NOT where you just post something up when it obviously belongs somewhere else. Please be thoughtful BEFORE you start a new thread and try to put it in the section that it applies to. When there are threads that are pretty specific to a certain subject, it will be easier to find that thread later if it is placed in the correct section. As this forum grows, and we are constantly getting new members joining, the workload will be increasing.....if we don't police ourselves in this matter.

Thank you all for helping to do your part and continue to make this the best FZ09 forum on the interwebs.
    Steve101, v2Bob, mxlu and 1 others like this.
    "If it ain't fast...........It ain't fun"!

Vern........ Sportbike Track Time Southern Region Lead Intermediate Instructor

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    Member #
    "Murvil" TN.......18 miles from Deals Gap
    After thinking about this post, I've decided that I'm going to unlock it and have it open for comments. I really don't think that anyone would disagree that Threads SHOULD be started in the correct section, but comment in here if you believe that one of the mods have moved a thread and maybe it shouldn't have been moved.....and let me know or the mod that moved it, know why you feel that way. Honestly, all I/we are trying to do is to keep this site as orderly and easy to find stuff, as possible.

Thanks again all!
    Da Braddah and v2Bob like this.
    "If it ain't fast...........It ain't fun"!

Vern........ Sportbike Track Time Southern Region Lead Intermediate Instructor

Member #
    I object to this thread being Unlocked. I think the Mod's Should be Locking Threads from time to time at Their discretion. Locking this one after the initial post seemed Spot-On.

I'm and I'm Not going to take it anymore without at least speaking up!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FZ09.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    I'd like to suggest a new sub section in: Yamaha FZ-09 Garage

About tools, shop lights, how braze, etc. Like awhile back when I asked about heat guns. I'd like to ask about power strips for the shop/garage, the kind that are 3 feet or so long and have outlets spaced along them. I have one, but it is a P.O.S., falling apart.

What to call the section? Something like "Tools, shop techniques and shop set up"?
    Steve101 and beck like this.

Member #
    Sometimes it isn't the easiest thing to decide WHERE something belongs.. Seems sort of arbitrary and subjective?

Along those lines, I don't really care where my posts end up, more interested in the discussion anyway.
    2014 FZ-09 Rapid RED (RIP, good buddy...)

Member #
    Vern, I think it's very democratic of the Mods to allow comment on this topic, but agree with you about the members policing themselves before they start a thread-this forum has gotten huge and if everyone expects to just post anything anywhere and that the Mods will move it the correct spot, it becomes a full time job and probably not much fun for you guys. Having the information organized and orderly is what makes everything here so accessible and easy to find. You guys do a great job, Thank You...

Member #
    I knew this would happen:

After the First 4 Posts this thread has fallen off a Cliff.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve101 View Post
    I knew this would happen:

After the First 4 Posts this thread has fallen off a Cliff.
    I suppose you are pointing at me. I am just saying that if I or anybody else put something in the wrong spot, it's not necessarily due to lack of effort. Sometimes things can seem like they fit multiple places. Sorry if you think I derailed the thread..
    2014 FZ-09 Rapid RED (RIP, good buddy...)

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by cthouse View Post
    I suppose you are pointing at me. I am just saying that if I or anybody else put something in the wrong spot, it's not necessarily due to lack of effort. Sometimes things can seem like they fit multiple places. Sorry if you think I derailed the thread..
    Sorry pal. I was actually only referring to Da Braddah. His post was basically just a needless suck-up to Triplethreat. Sorry if I offended you.
    cthouse likes this.

Member #
    Nothing against having sections and trying to place threads in an appropriate place but a better search engine would help people find things. I often resort to google using the site option such as
    "gas tank size" site: www.fz09.org
    which sometimes really simplifies me finding something.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links