Today I Highsided the FZ
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha FZ-09 Forum

Today I Highsided the FZ

This is a discussion on Today I Highsided the FZ within the FZ-09 General Discussion forums, part of the Yamaha FZ-09 Forums category; So toady as i was leaving for work (somewhat in a hurry) I managed to highside my bike. I'm a bit shaken up about it ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Today I Highsided the FZ

Member #

Today I Highsided the FZ

So toady as i was leaving for work (somewhat in a hurry) I managed to highside my bike. I'm a bit shaken up about it and I suffered what I believe might have been a minor concussion. I haven't ever had one, and I didn't go to the hospital so I'm not sure. I almost damn near broke my ankle and that's what hurts the most.

What Happened?

Well I was at a 4 way street, 2 way stop. It was around 60f outside and I was about a half mile from my residence. I was making the turn I've made 100s of times before and upon the exit of the turn, gave it more gas than I should have and the rear slid out and I flew over the bike.

Sorry It's night time now so these pictures might not be too good.
    Today I Highsided the FZ-img_20140717_202447.jpgName:  IMG_20140717_202459.jpg
Views: 798
Size:  14.9 KBName:  IMG_20140717_202504.jpg
Views: 801
Size:  16.1 KBToday I Highsided the FZ-img_20140717_202511.jpgToday I Highsided the FZ-img_20140717_202525.jpg

The main damage is that the rear brake lever mount was bent and also SHEARED OFF completely. If anyone knows where I can find this part, it's all i need to get it working correctly. My rear brake is currently seized.

Pic of the Bars:
    https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-X...717_202536.jpg

Ill get some pics of my helmet later. Its probably going to have to be replaced I would imagine.

Thanks for the support and information guys.
    Last edited by Cr4z8; 07-17-2014 at 10:15 PM.

Member #
    Ahh man, I am so sorry. Glad you made it out ok...I got my bell wrung plenty playing football in high school...you'll be ok. I'm surprised the bike isn't worse off...give it a thorough inspection...make sure the forks aren't bent or anything.

Motorcyclegoodies carries all of the Oem parts. Were you wearing gear? So many accidents occur close to home...which is a vote for why even the short trips can't be taken for granted.

What a bummer...hope you feel better tomorrow...ice your ankle
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    '14 Liquid Graphite FZ-09 #112....RIP 4/16/14
    '02 YZF-600R -SOLD-
    Yamaha 650 Maxim -1st Bike, RIP-

help me on my road to recovery: LehighLuke involved in near fatal motorcycle accident

www.lucastechnical.com
    www.beadbuster.com

Member #

4. Remove Advertisements
    FZ09.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Sht happens. May be a good idea to at least see your DR. Bike's fixable and you'll heal to ride again.

Member #
    Sucks. Glad you're ok, but definitely see A DR tomorrow ASAP. Your head isn't something to mess with....better safe than sorry.

Feel better.

Member #
    The Important thing is that you are ok... you can always get the bike fixed on the cheap but your body is for the lifetime... Seriously, get to a doctor tomorrow to check you out... Don't worry about the bike ( that is the easy fix).

Get well soon!!!
    "Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Member #
    Ye man concussions are no joke better be safe then sorry.

Member #
    Dude if possible go to urgent care or something tonight. Seriously, don't sleep on it. Sleep is not good after concussions. It may just be nothing, but play it safe.
    Steve101 likes this.

Member #
    Im guessing in the panic with more gas, when the rear slid, you closed the throttle immediately, leading to massive engine braking??

PS. is your ECU flashed?
    Desert Rat and markstertt like this.

Member #
    Glad you're ok. It looks like a set of sliders would have prevented much of the damage in this accident.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links